 Star Wars / 5129
Re: Why not wait
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:41:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:

And what was with that stupid big-mouthed, big-toothed
singer they added?  The CGI was terrible, at least as bad as that insipid
"Blarp" in Lost in Space.  Every second that thing (the singer or Blarp) was
on-screen, the quality of the effect was sufficiently poor to distract from
the scene.

The running joke among my friends is that the Stupid Little Spacemonkey
("Blarp" from Lost in Space) should have had a meter over his head, ringing up
the number of dollars from the SFX budget that were going to animating very
second he was on film, as opposed to going to something useful.

eric