 Star Wars / 5113
Re: Why not wait
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:43:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Damian Garcia writes:
I couldn't stand the Ewok song.  I admit, I got caught up in the hype and
listend to that song over and over on AM radio when it first came out, but
when I heard it in the movie, I thought to my self, "This does not fit!!!"
When I heard the new celebration though, it did not seem right to change it
so much.

  I'd have preferred Milli Vanilli music over that ridiculous Ewok nonsense.
For that matter, I've preferred Rob and Fab themselves over the stupid teddy
bears, but we all know the George-wanted-wookies-but-it-wouldn't-have-worked
story.

I also did not care for the added Boba Fett scenes.  That just
REEKS of cashing in on a good thing.

  I've said this elsewhere, but I'll mention it again here one last time.
What's the hype about Boba Fett, anyway?  He has about 10 minutes of screen
time, 3 or 4 (okay, maybe a few more...) lines, and then this universally-
feared bounty hunter is undone by a blind man and falls into a pit, screaming
like a baby.
  I can clearly understand why he has such a following!  (And for purposes of
this discussion, I'm not including the novels and other execrable fiction in
which he's portrayed as ultra-cool.)

     Dave!