 Local / United Kingdom / 2505
2504  |  2506
Subject:
Anyone get Lego for XMAS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:19:19 GMT

my wife bought me a 8448 supercar.
Excellent!

I built the gull wing version.
Now in the process of customising

First I added power steering using a micromotor and a second battery box.
There's not enough power though to move the wheels (too much friction from the
wide rubber) except when the vehicle is actually moving

Now I am on to something more radical.
I am converting it into a genuine supercar with v12 mid mounted engine.
I shifted the cab forward a few studs to make room in the back, and give it
more correct proportions for a mid engined car.
I kept the gull wing doors, as thats a good 'supercar' feature I thought.
Then I used some clear engine parts from a 8437 buggy for the extra 4 cylinders

Moving the dash forward gave me problems with the detailing just behind the
front wheels, so I am playing with the design for that at them moment.
I havent decided on the back yet.

Will post some pictures once complete

Pity that the supercar website at lego.com doesnt seem to work yet.

Also my parents (in their seventies) bought me a Ninja castle they found cheap.
Which my son built.

regards
lawrence