 Star Wars / 5208
Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
my wife bought me a 8448 supercar.

I got
7101 Lightsaber (Spelt Wrong) Duel

Just a nitpick, here:  why do so many people assert that this is an
incorrect spelling?  I expect, Simon, you're being at least partially
facetious, but I've seen people being real sticks-in-the-mud about it.
Regardless of the "real" spelling of saber, Lucasfilms apparently has
decided how they want to spell it:

http://www.starwars.com/weapons/lightsaber_jedi/

In the movie credits, it is spelt "lightsabre" - at least, that's what the die-
hards always claim, it isn't worth my time to check.  The movies are more
canon than the website.

Personally, I don't care.  (Nor, I suspect does George)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/