  *88250 (-100)
  Re: Ideal Expansion or Companion to RIS

Which set is that? My catalog only shows the green bar code truck #8479 at $164. - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Question regarding motors

The short answer is yes. The motors are not equal. You'll see designs using just one motor for the drive train for this reason. I'm in the process of toying with two rotation/angle sensors, one on each motor to see if I can programmatically synch (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Wireless Video Robot

I have updated www.marsrobot.com with information on my wireless video robot. The direct link is (URL) I have also changed the format of MarsRobot in the past few weeks to include a daily news weblog of robotics and Lego links. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

Greetings fellow Lego enthusiasts. I have a few sets I would like to sell so that I can buy some of the new Star Wars sets for myself. I am not trying to get rich here but I hope that I can make some people happier. I would rather sell to people (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Palm IR

Has anyone seriously looked into setting up the Palm's IR for communicating with the RCX? I was thinking of working on this and I wanted to make sure that I won't be duplicating anyone's efforts. I was thinking it would be really cool if the Palm (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Question regarding motors

In regards to the two motors included in the standard Mindstorms set, is it possible for one to turn faster than the other? I think I may be experiencing that... Any answers would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Bryan (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  My ReVUE: 6471

Background: Well, I headed towards the local TRU to check out the 2000 sets and decided to buy this one to try out those new wheels. ---...--- Set Number: 6471 Set Name: 4WD Police Patrol Piece Count: 29 Theme/Subtheme: Town/City Centre Price Paid (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  My ReVUE: 5571

Background: My nephew's fourteeth birthday was coming up (not only do we share a first and last name, but we also share initials and a birthday, very wierd) so I started flipping through the most recent S@H catalouge. He is a big LEGO fan, and I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Can't open serial port in Linux

I'm having some troubles downloading to the RCX in Linux, I have RXC_PORT set to /dev/ttyS1, which is the correct serial port, and then I run nqc and get: [brian@magic bin]$ ./nqc -d ../test.nqc Downloading Program:error Could not open serial port (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  KC Lego Fest - tentative date

Please pencil the following date and time in your calendar for our Kansas City Lego Fest: Sunday the 23rd of January from 2:00pm - ? Location will probably either be at Jon Kozan's house in Kansas or my place in Missouri depending on what everyone (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) I was speaking about the old world, Not asian exactly but Mediterranean area near asia, as crusaders might call it. Point is you don't find many European Castle in the medieval period that used tan, yellow etc carvings on their castles. Mainly (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  FS: 1,220 New Red Bricks (eBay leftover)

Would anybody be interested in buying 1,220 brand new red bricks? These bricks were used in 2 constructions but are still in brand new condition. The size and piece count are as follows: 2x6 .... 20 2x4 ... 120 2x3 .... 60 2x2 ... 200 1x8 .... 20 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  My ReVUE: 5553 Red Fury

Background: Well, it was the day after XMas and what better to do than to head to Target for the sales? That is just what I did. While my wife was checking out the sales at Niemen Marcus and Macy's I headed over to Target. Big disapointment. They (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

(...) My suggestion: Touch: Have the track elevated, and free to move up and down (1 'hinged' joint). Then have your touch sensor below the track. Light: Hard to get accurate, repeatable measurements. If light level changes, requires recalibration. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

I've never actually done it myself, but if you're interested in building your own sensor you might want to look into using a reed switch. They detect magnetic fields, so if you put a small magnet at the head of the passing train in a place such that (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) Greece is in Asia? I always thought there was something wacky about my "Western Philosophy" class (aka Dead White Guys 101) but I never imagined that was it! J (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

FWIW I haven't tried this yet myself, but its very typical to use light sensors for this sort of thing in HO scale model railroading. There are a lot of advantages to "contactless" detection. On the down side, you need to minimize interference from (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H Rotation sensor (9756) or Dacta 9v Rot. Sensor?

No significant difference. The Dacta sensors (light and rotation) originally had longer, thinner wires and a blue connector on the end (instead of the black connector). In all other aspects they were identical. I wouldn't be surprised if at some (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) I got me an emulator and downloaded it. Big mistake. (...) I've seen the stuff exactly once, in Britain a long long time ago. (...) Something like 270. That Togepi thingy is in there as well. Apparently once it gets some levels it's actually (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Sorting

Mike, you can find a good selection of tackle boxes and hardware boxes at any large general store, like KMart, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. In my area Wal-Mart had the best selection. Some of these boxes are multi-level, with sliding trays, etc. SOme are (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  unofficial trains model dep. launched

soon to have zip files as well , but with internet access scarse.. ya know.. (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) G/S has been out in japanese for a few weeks, and has been widely played by all sorts of pokemon geeks who don't know a word of japanese.. (...) In the Japanese, there's red and green which came out first and were released in English as red (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

(...) I don't have a design, but I do have a comment, to wit: With a touch sensor you are committing to a fixed dimension SOMEWHERE unless you get quite clever. It may be in the width of the vehicle, it may be in the height, it may be the depth of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Land, East Coast?

(...) The orginal plan has always been two LEGOLand parks in the US, it is just that California won over Florida and Virginia the first time around. It is unconfirmed, but very possible, that LEGOLand will be building a park in Florida, south of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) Well, you could try a newsreader instead of email - it's much more suited to what you're doing, following a discussion group. If you like Eudora, you'll probably like Agent or Gravity. Jasper (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) to (...) Diana Rambo E-mailed me this to post for her since she couldn't post. " Come on people, It's yellow because a Lion is Yellow. It's that simple." Thank you. Diana Rambo (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  eudora thread bug (was: Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!)

(...) I recommend either ditching Eudora or asking its author if there is a bugfix. (...) Eudora is sending improper 'References:' headers. Working backwards from what it appears to be doing (consistently), it seems to be dropping (or, more (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) You have _greatly_ missed the point of lugnet. Grow up will you. Jasper (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego je OK! ;)

(...) Hehe. No dik. ;)) Ja som samozrejme tiez rad, ze je tu niekto kto nehovori len anglicky a je z Ceskoslovenska. ;)))) Tiez nikoho ineho takeho nepoznam. ;) Je to fajn, ze sme na Lugnete ozivili kanaly loc.cz a loc.sk. ;))) A myslim, ze celkom (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Lego Land, East Coast?

I think Lego should make a Lego Land on the East Coast. The West Coast can't have all the fun. For all the Lego Maniac's on the East Coast we have to travel all the way to Califoria costs big air fairs. This isn't areason but Lego is located in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Dobrodruznici

(...) No dnes ano. DNES ked sa pozries na produkty LEGO a mas ich ohodnotit podla krasy a detailov, tak jedine Model Team a Technic. Mesto - SHIT !!! Vsetko juniorizovane ! Vesmir - prakticky neexistuje ! Vlaky - juniorizovane. Pirati, hrady - (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

I'm using Mindstorms to control Lego trains. Does anyone have a design for using a touch sensor to detect a train passing? My intuition is that the touch sensor could be more reliable than the light sensor (plus I have two touch sensors and only one (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sme tu dvaja. (Re: Nejsi tu sam! (Bylo: Re: To som tu sam ?))

(...) No presne. To som si hovoril aj ja, ked som predaval moje policajne LEGA. mal som vsetko od 1983. Uplne vsetko, az do roku 1995. Potom som uz nestihal kupovat. Lebo som kupoval aj vesmir. Tak som to predal spolu s ostatnymi. Ako som Ti uz (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Jsou tu 2 lidi! (Bylo: Re: Je tu nekdo?)

(...) Ferrari milion dolarov ??? To vychadza na 42 milionov korun... Tu v Europe dostanes Ferrari za 20 milionov, aj menej. V Bratislave mal Ferrari boss jednej mafie. Ale koncom leta ho zastrelili... tak neviem komu zostalo to Ferrari. ;) (...) No. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) be (...) castle (...) Your talking about asian architecture I am building in 13th century european architecture. Looking at the castle not many have tan carved images. :) Since its castle theme is gray in the 2000 sets they should have made it (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  First Y2K LegoFest

E' ora di cominciare a pianificare la prossima LegoFest. Cosa ne dite dell'ultimo week-end di Gennaio o il primo di Febbraio? -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: P.S. :-)

(...) No je to na Slovensku v Bratislave na Devine. To je taka zrucanina hradu este z Velkomoravskej rise. Je tam pekny vyhlad na Dunaj, na Rakusko a je vidiet az do Viedne ked je pekne. Heh... ale inak, kazdy kto si pozrel tu fotku sa ma pytal, ci (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) Ok, I get it now. I just wish I could set up something so X-Real-Life-Name displayed in From in Eudora. I already have a filter that deletes all the X-Real-Life-Name=Tim Courtney mails I get, to eliminate having to hand-delete my own posts. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) The policy on nicknames is that they be on record along with the person's real name. Dave's real name is contained in the X-Real-Life-Name header of his postings, and also shows on the website with his messages. (note that the policy is not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) I do remember hearing about that in the news, but I don't think it was Pokemon <remembers the episode of the Simpsons where they featured them going to Japan then watching one of those cartoons and getting sezuires> *starts to laugh* But (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Free web-hosting, with easy content management, at www.editthispage.com

Folks, Getting a website online just got a *lot* easier. The folks behind Frontier have started up this site: (URL) people to check out their new web-based content management system. If you sign up before 12/31/99, they'll host your site free for (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Transmission made from standard Technic parts

I just got my new Digital Camera (Kodak DC240). I will try to build the transmission with the pneumatics. Anyway, I made a thing that turned it from straight to turned, geared down, and back to straight. It just adds a way to shift it, and it also (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Sorting

Hi. One thing that you can consider is buying the Robolab Upgrade package from Pitsco-Dacta. Although it is probably seriously overpriced, you do get a green storage bin, three sorting trays (1 large and 2 small) and the Robolab building guide. The (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  2000 sets now on-line @ LEGO.com

I was checking out the LEGO.com site and noticed that the new 2000 line LEGOs are now listed in the catalog. This includes the Soccer, Town, Technic and Star Wars (I didn't check others out). On a side note, I noticed that the Star Wars MF was not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  S@H Rotation sensor (9756) or Dacta 9v Rot. Sensor?

Hello- I'm in the process of purchasing a couple rotation sensors and noticed on the Pitsco-legodacta web site a 9v rotation sensor for 27.75, but there is the rotation sensor with S@H (or on Legoworldshop) that is 16.50. What is the difference, if (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  I'm visiting next week

Hi, all... I'm LUGNET member #115, Paul Sinasohn from the SF, CA area. I'll be in the UK for a month starting next Tuesday, and I'm wondering if there are any get-togethers planned, especially in London in the first 2 weeks of the month. I'll be in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New sensors from Pitsco-Dacta

Wow! You're not kidding. I thought my $40 designs were a bit over the top (1/3 cost of basic RCX) but $128 is crazy. If people really are going to pay these prices, then maybe we should make lego specific devices more accessible. How much interest (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) Hehe, naaa... we'd want cash, or a slice of the rev just like we do with everyone else. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: eLab stuff from Pitsco-Dacta

Having just had both of these for Xmas, I must say that the new bricks seem very good, the capacitor has given my 7 year old much to think about and the 3Volt solar cell has been very slowly moving a simple tracked vehicle along the window sill. I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) like music but I don't keep up on genre names and what bands are covered underneath them. So, dumb question: would I fall under a Progressive Rock label? My member page is: (URL) do like the name of your CD and how it spells 'upside down' (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: New sensors from Pitsco-Dacta

(...) -Rob (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Instruction bloopers (was: Re: More studs in holes...)

Either 6061 or 6062 has a blooper in the instructions. I remember having a copy with the error, another copy with the error that included a white sheet showing the correction, and yet another copy with no error. When I dig it up, I will let you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) If $100 would buy a reasonable amount (say, 1-200), I can see people making vast armies of stormtroopers.. same with battledroids and destroyers, actually. Or ghosts, for that matter. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New sensors from Pitsco-Dacta

Jim West <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199912...rii.com... (...) A total of $128 for a sound sensor! You can build one yourself for 1/10 of that. (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Loading Lego Loco

(...) No prob... the way to figure out where a post should go would be to look at the newsgroup hierarchy from the web interface... read the group charters to get a sense for what is and isn't OK. Reading the lugnet.cad charter would have quickly (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.games.lego.loco, lugnet.admin.general)

  eLab stuff from Pitsco-Dacta

LEGO Capacitor An innovative LEGO device for efficient energy storage, the LEGO Capacitor is easy to connect and makes the principles of storing and transferring energy easy to understand. D979916 $15 LEGO Solar Cell Specially designed to meet LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

* Leonardo Zide (leonardo@centroin.com.br) [991214 08:20]: (...) I'd like to mention that LeoCAD is (or soon will be) GPL'ed and therefore a great starting point. I have a mac, but it's super old and just for playing with (a 660 PPC). I have no idea (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Tom Stangl wrote in message <3868DB72.CDA371EC@n...pe.com>... (...) Haven't companies been sued for misleading packaging before? Aren't there laws about this, or do they only relate to food products? I've noticed that potato chips seem to be coming (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New sensors from Pitsco-Dacta

I received my Pitsco-Dacta LEGO catalogue today. I found the information regarding the sensor adapter and other sensors. These are DCP Sensors. LEGO - DCP Sensor Adapter D779917 $53.75 Humidity Sensor 0-100% relative humidity over a temperature (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Plates-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN 2xN 4xN 6xN Bricks-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN 2xN Technic-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN Beams 2xN Technic plates Minifigs-!!I am shocked no one has yet requested the possibility (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 05:09:16 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) But can you convince Novera that there is benefit/realisable reward, for receiving its payment in train doors&windows?? (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Attn Huw

Do you still need KK Instruction Cover scans? I could do for you 6094 and 4806, and the box front for 6026 (no instructions came with the set). (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  2000 Sets-Prices

I have been absent for most of the time. Haven't seen many posts, though, concerning prices of 2000 sets. (Granted, they aren't that widely available yet). Here are some prices for Beatties, this particular branch being in High Wycombe. Also, the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Post-Xmas sales????

If so, where? I ventured out into the real world, and there were virtually none! Argos had the big Ninja fortress for 10 quid off. Beatties had a couple of tiny, 1998 sets on sale. Woolies had nothing. However, Tesco did, and 1999 sets marked-down, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  8002 Destroyer Droid Errata

Mine did not have this errata sheet. I would assume it pertains to the rear leg storage? Built according to the instructions, the mechanism for closing and opening the rear leg is *extremely* stiff. Would we, in light of TLG fair play policies, be (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jambalaya box (UK)?

Jason Briscoe wrote in message ... (...) The box was in my possession for about 2 weeks awaiting a snail address to send it on (This also co-incided with my change of address). Finally, on the 23rd the box was sent on to Dave Ryder, John Stormes (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

Yeah, but it all started with the videogame didn´t it? I read that the idea for pokémon came in 1995, when the game started to be developed. Perhaps the anime came before the game. I think it did, because the "pokémon" show was on the TV news when (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Team Challenge Set

Hi. Unfortunately, the LEGO parts in the Team Challenge Set correspond to the LEGO parts in RIS 1.0 and not RIS 1.5. Now I need to buy eight upgrade kits. Unfortunately, I can not find the web page for ordering them at the moment. Barbara Nostrand (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

(...) Happening here (ie, .nl itself) as well. Though actually, this year there was very little sinterklaas decoration in the shops, but the santa claus junk was even less this year (which is a reversal of trends). My guess is that retailers are (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) If you meant Ed Jones, I think he has already stated a dislike for these new walls also. I am just more vehement about it. I did forget to mention on the positive side of things that I DO like the new catapult as a single piece. In terms of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

(...) The fans are to meet OSHA guidelines, but I would -not- recommend working with the stuff in a enclosed space. It is dammed potent stuff... (...) That, or Slaters (UK) make MEK_PAK, which works great, or laccure(sp) thinner is also MEK. You (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  aspirante nuovo socio lugnet.it

Ciao a tutti E' qualche giorno che scambio email con un ragazzo di Treviso, Wilmer che e' ancora piu' innamorato di Lego di noi ma credo che pensi che la nostra associazione abbia chissa' quali riserve nell'accettare iscritti. Questa e' la sua (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Missing sets uploaded - 1977, 1032, 9604

(...) ow, ow, bittersweet! :-) Question: Where is the number 1977 shown? (I don't see it on the scan.) How do we know that the value pack's official number is 1977, in other words? (...) The copyright on 1033 is also (c)1985 then? Do you know if (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.space, lugnet.dacta)

  RE: Sorting

For sorting, storing, and MOVING your RIS and a 'bot in progress, check out (URL) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

It's clearly NOT Panaka for two reasons: 1. It would say PANAKA under the figure and 2. If it was Panaka, he would have BLUE arms and probably even blue legs (with maybe boots painted on like the tatooine lego luke). If anyone has the SW:I visual (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sorting

I use the plastic tray that came with the RIS to store my parts. One tray holds all the parts from 2 RIS sets and the Extream Creatures set. I snap together identical pieces to make them easy to find and store similar pieces in a single bin. This is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Arctic sets are awesome!

(...) I am okay with the seperate polybags. I just mix all the pieces up in when I build, I like the challenge, but it is very easy for sorting pieces. All 1997 and 1998 Town sets and all 1999 City Centre sets are packed like this. Spaceport, Artic, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Sorting

All the RCX's say 1.0, even the 1.5's. (This is a bit odd, as internally the circuit boards are _not_ the same, and the 1.0 has an AC adapter jack.) Primary sorting is easiest with the Lego boxes themselves (at least for the RIS's). To supplement (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) "the 8880 suspension system" "the 8880 gear system" "the 8480 gear system" 2*2*3 yellow extreme slopes, for those of us who are missing one or two from the appropriate set. (...) Basic bricks, plates, and slopes. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) IIRC, almost anything commonly found in a household short of 110V~ or 220V~or 380V~ should be OK (documented is working up til 24V, IIRC, and after that it blows a replaceable fuse). Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sorting

(...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Heelo World

David, Your efforts are very impressive! I can hardly wait to see the results your future progress. Keep up the good work. - Tom -----Original Message----- From: David Leeper [mailto:david.leeper...stiny.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 12:06 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone have pic of alternate model in 8000?

(...) Standby...I'll try to get a scan out to you in a few minutes. Dave (jot and jab) xxx...xxx (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

"Dave Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-281299145...act.com... (...) Hey, what isn't ;-) Have fun, Arjen (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Hey, all you prog rockers!

Someone recently told me, Lego fanatics all seem to have cats, computers, and a penchant for progressive rock as common hobbies. I was just checking out some of the member profiles (I'm #95), and sure enough, it's true! :-) Since this is so, I just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Sorting

Christmas was a BOON for my Lego collection with the addition of a DDK and a RIS1.5 to add to my 1.0 kit. Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces so that I can find anything? My question to the group: Has anyone found (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Anyone have pic of alternate model in 8000?

I would like to see if anyone has a picture or scan of the alternate model of the Speeder bike that comes with the Pit Droid. Can anyone help? Jason F. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

[moving to off-topic.fun] (...) There is also a manga(comic) version. Oh, and I don't think it is the "geek" crowd that is collecting the cards; I think it is mostly kids and the anime fans who like Pokemon. Now why can't the good stuff like (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

Plastruct makes a glue (actually a solvent) that works well with ABS (along with most other Styrenes). I believe the solvent is based on Methyl Ethyl Keytone. Fumes are pretty nasty, and I believe the solvent is classified as a carcinogen in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

My 2-studs worth: I'm always looking for more 2x1 and 2x2 inverse sloped bricks. The $3.00 for 16 pieces is a bit steep - and only in red? I want blue, yellow, white, etc. I need 5,000 blue just for the inside of my ferry boat hull. 3x3 low sloped (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4011 Cabin Cruiser

If anyone is interested, I have a 4011 hull (just the hull, no extra parts, not even the weight brick) for sale or trade. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The mother load at Wal-Mart in Clearwater, Florida! They have a large pallet stacked 5 feet hi with Advent calendars marked down to $10. There must be 75~100 of these sets. I think I’ll wait and see what they do with all of them. Maybe the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) This is *so* cool! I liked the old stuff you posted, and this is even better! I can't wait to see more! Jeff (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Promotional database

(...) Huw, I just tried to do a search on your site, but the results page just shows some kind of error message. Erin -- (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Promotional database

Rene Virsik <virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk> wrote in message news:Fn9zHt.LnB@lugnet.com... (...) Sort of, I haven't got round to putting a redirector page in the old directory yet. Try www.brickset.co.uk Huw (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  - - - FS/FT: Lego Sets and Pieces

(These are for trade too) SETS: 6255 Pirate Comic, NM, not-sealed a couple of creases in box but nice $20.00 4131 Freestyle (partly squashed box, but unopened, pieces should be fine) $5.00 2x6037 Witch's Windship (new, sealed) $6.00 each 2x6442 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Motorbike Part

(...) Hi Richard Nowadays, the four- or five-digit part numbers are moulded somewhere on the larger parts, but be sure not to confuse these with mould reference numbers which usually comprise a one-digit and a two-digit separated by a space or a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Website update - town, trains, Legoland Windsor pics

After a good deal of delay I have completed updating my site: (URL) pictures of a trip to Legoland Windsor this summer: (URL) of my recently completed (and then torn down) town layout: (URL) few train pics: (URL) school Technic class pics: (URL) you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.general)

  Re: Review: 7161 Gungan Sub

D'oh! I just made the third sub last night w/OUT any re-engineering :) Yeah, the manual should've included the third sub, rather than an implicit box illustration. Thanks, everyone! -Zak (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, David Eaton (<FnGns0.IFH@lugnet.com>) wrote at 17:12:00 (...) <snipped on the one hand, on the other hand discourse> You're right, and later on as well. I was playing devil's advocate up to a point, just to counter Richard's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 41 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact