 Promotional / 260
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:44:17 GMT

Yeah, but it all started with the videogame didn´t it? I read that the idea
for pokémon came in 1995, when the game started to be developed. Perhaps the
anime came before the game. I think it did, because the "pokémon" show was
on the TV news when lots of children had to go to a hospital after wathcing
it(1). That was back in 97, and the game was released in 98, i think.

--Tobias

(1)The reason was that the background flashed from red to blue more than 50
times (could be more or less) during one second. That gave some children
epilepsy.

<SNIP>
It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and,
most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable
card game, rather like Magic the Gathering.

The official Pokemon web site:  http://www.pokemon.com/

It apparently covers the videogames, comics, movies, etc.

You can see the little yellow pokemon, Pikachu there,
who is pretty much the mascot for the entire ball of hype.

You collect and train small
monsters (Pocket Monsters). When they are strong enough, you can battle
other trainers, and earn badges. If that´s not enough, there are 150 kinds
of pokémon. Besides training, you also have a mission to collect every
Pokémon in the world, so that a professor gets happy. BUT...
Each game does not have 150 monsters... So, you´ll have to trade with a
friend. There are two versions that have some monsters the other dosen´t
have, and if your friend has a different version than you, you can trade
monsters.

--Tobias