 Promotional / 269
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:03:53 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Jeff Thompson writes:
In lugnet.promo, Jasper Janssen writes:
gOn Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:37:08 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com>
wrote:

Hello Kitty is still popular in Japan, and there is a small market here in
the US.  According to Animerica, the TV show is on Toon Disney.

I dunno, the US market seems to be, if not large, at least reasonably
fanatic.

Hello Kitty mobile phones.
Hello Kitty Gameboy Colors.
Hello Kitty laptops (seriously!).

Hello Kitty's popularity in the US is also denoted by:

Entire stores dedicated to selling the Sanrio franchise, similar
(but not quite as large, robust, or as numerous as the Disney
and Warner Brother stores).

Huh.  Never seen or heard of these.  Oh, well, guess I was mistaken.  Maybe it
is just the area I live in.  I did see a picture of either a Hello Kitty Phone
Card vending machine or a Hello Kitty Phone Card advertisement; the picture
wasn't good enough to make it out.  The picture was taken in Japan, BTW.

Jeff