 Promotional / 272
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:11:20 GMT

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:50:42 GMT, "Tobias Möller"
<tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote:
Jasper Janssen skrev i meddelandet <38ae76f6.619576759@lugnet.com>...

I got me an emulator and downloaded it.
Big mistake.

Of course, you have to play it on Gameboy if you want it to be fun.

Hmmm. Thinking of getting one, but $100 for the colour I can't afford,
and $45 for the pocket is too much. Maybe if I can find a second-hand.

That Togepi thingy is in there as well.

The cartoon, the girl carries it around all the time after a certain
point (somewhere between ep 30 and 60 or so).

Around here, the cartoon has just hit the point after the first
Pokemon League thingy Ash takes part in.

Oh, Togepi is a pokemon? Like Pikachu? (I don´t understand why everyone

Yup.

likes Pikachu so much, #43 Oddish is much cuter :-D)

I like whatshisname.. first evolution of charmander.. if you have to
pick a non-starting one, get Muk ;)

That´s good, but I don´t think the black/white graphics are so bad. Pokemon
is a game that suits Gameboy perfectly.

Indeed.

And for every type of pokemon, there are male and female versions (Ala
Nidorans), and you can even crossbreed some of them. Weird, huh?

I think it adds some interesting variation to the cathcing and training.
Being able to cross-breed them will make up for even more pokemons.

Yup. I'm not sure what it will provide, of course.

From what I read, you can crossbreed any that have the same icon next
to them in the inventory screen. Presumably, the combination will
produce an early evolution of one of the partners.

Jasper