 Promotional / 184
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 05:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.promo, John DiRienzo writes:
  What is this so called Pokemon?

--
  Have fun!
  John
The Legos you've been dreaming of...
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego
my weird Lego site:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/
Kya Morden wrote in message <382a007f.8688312@lugnet.com>...
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:12:39 GMT, "Mark Lindsey" <markwars@fcmail.com>
wrote:

I've got you both beat, my twin boys are only 8 weeks old so I get no lip
about infinite stops at McDonalds.  I just hope Pokemon is gone by the • time
they can care.  My fingers are crossed.

Cheers,
Mark L

I dunno, I put Pokemon in almost the same boat as Sanrio/Hello Kitty,
which is still around.  Plus Nintendo is milking the snot out of
Pokemon.  In Japan there is already released two Pokemon games for the
N64 called Pokemon Stadium (1 & 2) which the latter of the two will be
coming out here in a few months.  Plus in a couple weeks they plan to
release Pokemon Silver/Gold, which is the sequel to the original
Red/Blue versions.  Silver/Gold also has even MORE Pokemon for kids to
drool over.  I think it'll be around with us for a long time, in fact,
Pikachu seems to be replacing Mario as Nintendos mascot and given the
life of Mario, that means we could be seeing Pikachu well into the
2010's.

Kya
john ~
oh, it's some amorphous, big-eyed thing that kids today are just crazy about, ~
and it's nowhere _near_ as cute as the original casper, felix, or FABULAND!
  later ~ craig