 Promotional / 256
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:56:50 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Tobias Möller writes:

John DiRienzo wrote:
  What is this so called Pokemon?

It´s a fun, great video game from Nintendo.

It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and,
most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable
card game, rather like Magic the Gathering.

The official Pokemon web site:  http://www.pokemon.com/

It apparently covers the videogames, comics, movies, etc.

You can see the little yellow pokemon, Pikachu there,
who is pretty much the mascot for the entire ball of hype.

You collect and train small
monsters (Pocket Monsters). When they are strong enough, you can battle
other trainers, and earn badges. If that´s not enough, there are 150 kinds
of pokémon. Besides training, you also have a mission to collect every
Pokémon in the world, so that a professor gets happy. BUT...
Each game does not have 150 monsters... So, you´ll have to trade with a
friend. There are two versions that have some monsters the other dosen´t
have, and if your friend has a different version than you, you can trade
monsters.

--Tobias