 Promotional / 180
Re: Lego vs. Pokemon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 01:53:19 GMT

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:18:03 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Kya Morden wrote:
I dunno, I put Pokemon in almost the same boat as Sanrio/Hello Kitty,
which is still around.
[...]  I think it'll be around with us for a long time,

Two words:  Beanie Babies.  *That* market dried up; Pokemon took its place...

Cheers,
- jsproat

I still see Beanie Babies all over the place, sure, there's not riots
for them, but they're still there.  Also, you forget that Pokemon is
inherently a video game with marketing devices in the form of toys, tv
shows, a movie, and cards.

Kya