 Promotional / 259
Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:34:50 GMT

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:31:26 GMT, ardjan.besse@telekabel.at (Ardjan
Besse) wrote:
Op een zekere dag, te weten Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:32:01 GMT, klom
jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) in het toetsenbord en schreef ons:

Wow, they have sinterklaas in Austria? I've always heard it was a
Dutch/North-Belgium/Extreme-Western-Germany habit.

Sure it wasn't from thereabouts?

And Jasper, you are right, Sinterklaas is unknown around here. They do have
'Santa Claus' and 'Krampus' (~Zwarte Piet), but it looks they will lose
against the 'Weihnachtsmann' (=USA-SantaClaus)...  8-(

Happening here (ie, .nl itself) as well.

Though actually, this year there was very little sinterklaas
decoration in the shops, but the santa claus junk was even less this
year (which is a reversal of trends). My guess is that retailers are
just completely ferd up with one very major and two major holidays in
a month.

Jasper