 People / 367
366  |  368
Subject:
eudora thread bug (was: Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 02:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tim Courtney writes:
[...]
BTW - Eudora/Lugnet question.  Of course, the way it threads my posts.  Is
there a way I could either fix Eudora or you could tweak the posting
software so that works?  Does it happen to anyone else's posts?

I recommend either ditching Eudora or asking its author if there is a bugfix.

It seems to me that there's something in the posting software which could
be improved to properly thread my messages (but that's just programming-
illiterate me talking here).

Eudora is sending improper 'References:' headers.  Working backwards from
what it appears to be doing (consistently), it seems to be dropping (or,
more accurately, not adding) the last message ID from the references list.
I'm afraid there's no way to work around that without massively heavy and
voodoo and messy kludgery.  :-(

Since I reply with the datestamp
like: