 Robotics / 9435
RE: Heelo World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:21:53 GMT

David,
Your efforts are very impressive!  I can hardly wait to see the results your
future progress.  Keep up the good work.
- Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: David Leeper [mailto:david.leeper@destiny.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 12:06 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Heelo World

Hi,

My name's Dave Leeper and I've been reading the message a lugnet.robotics
for a
few weeks now, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been a computer programmer for 17 years and just started getting into
robotics about a month ago with my purchase of a a LEGO RIS system. I now
have
two RIS's, with plans to buy a third.

I'm currently working on building a simple android. I've completed the
building
blocks of its mind, called SoftBricks. SoftBricks gives a robot an
individual
identify, provides decision making tools, tools for sending large messages
individual robots over the RCX IR port, and creating simple, but extremely
flexible maps. I'm currently building the prototype for a human hand and
arm.
You can read about the project, and download code, by visiting my web site
at:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dome/5088/index.htm

I've really enjoyed the discussions here. They've shown me just how flexible
these Lego systems are. Thanks for all the useful threads, and I look
forward
to hearing your opinions of my android project. :)

David Leeper (builds robots)