 CAD / Development / 3539
Re: Motorbike Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:03:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Richard Millener writes:
Dear All

I was wondering if anybody knew of the motorbike part for LDraw as it would be
very helpful to me.

Also how do you find original part numbers from lego bricks

if anyone can help me with this please reply

yours sincerly

Richard M

richmilly@hotmail.com
Hi Richard

Nowadays, the four- or five-digit part numbers are moulded somewhere on the
larger parts, but be sure not to confuse these with mould reference numbers
which usually comprise a one-digit and a two-digit separated by a space or a
hyphen. So if you are talking about a recent part, take a good look at it. The
older and smaller parts are more tricky.

I think you need to be a bit more specific than 'motorbike part', before anyone
can really help. Not sure if you mean something from a Technic Motorcycle or
the two-wheeled Town (minifig scale) motorbike. If you mean the latter then it
has not been modelled to my knowledge (and is actually two separate parts, plus
the wheels/tyres).

If you don't know (or can't see) the part number, then Patrick Sayre-Little's
Visual Parts Reference (http://moon.pr.erau.edu/~sayrew/lego.html) is a good
guide to whether the part has been modelled for LDraw.

Chris Dee
chris_w_dee@hotmail.com