 General / 12768
Re: Instruction bloopers (was: Re: More studs in holes...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:14:36 GMT

   Either 6061 or 6062 has a blooper in the instructions.  I remember having
a copy with the error, another copy with the error that included a white
sheet showing the correction, and yet another copy with no error.  When I
dig it up, I will let you know if they all have the same number/printing
company info.  Also, 493 had a variation, as did a few other Space sets, but
not really an error, although its an interesting variation to collectors, to
be sure.

--
   Have fun!
   John

   Hooray!  Hooray!  Its Y2K!  A new decade starts next year.
Johannes Keukelaar wrote in message ...
See 8448 p.203 for example (wish I had a scanner), look around
the bottommost black rack in the back of the car : this picture
is wrecked...

Eek. It's like the black gear rack is partially transparent or something.

How about this: In the version that I have of the instruction manual for • set
8440, page 31 (that's in the alternative model) the parts list for step 8 • is
duplicated. The version on brickshelf
(http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8440/8440-31.html) doesn't have this
error. My copy of the instructions has number 877121 (lower left corner of
front page); the one on brickshelf appears to have the exact same number, • even
though it must be a different version. Hmm, they're printed by the same
company, too (lower left corner of back page), so it can't be that, either.

Anybody have any other fun things like this? Bloopers in instructions, • anyone?

Regards,

Johannes.