 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4438
4437  |  4439
Subject:
10018 & 10019 packed same as other UCS sets? (was:Packaging Style)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:26:45 GMT

The subject tells all.  I ask this in light of 10018 and 19 being sent to
stores.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl writes:
Jason Spears wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lou Zucaro writes:
<snip>
And this is a pet peeve with me...please go back to the flap-and-tray boxes
for larger sets!!! The current boxes are awful. That horrid thick corrguated
cardboard with punchtabs is about the worst possible container for LEGO sets.

Actually I like it.  Now if someone has returned the set after opening it, or
worse yet, opened and plundered it at the store, there is no question about it.
Also those heavy duty cardboard boxes take abuse better than the old boxes
ever did.  Look at the USC stuff, and how those boxes are always beat.

The UCS sets are a rotten example.  Whoever designed the UCS Tie and X-Wing boxes
should be strangled, hanged, and SHOT.  Those are the flimsiest, most useless boxes
I've seen out of Lego.  They are double the size they need to be (and at half the
size they'd still have a commanding shelf presence), yet not large enough to store
the models partially disassembled - the X-Wing fuselage is taller in any one
direction that the box.

I've NEVER seen a UCS box in a store that wasn't beat to heck thanks to the >flimsy cardboard and huge size, leading to dents/tears just from picking it >up from an end.