 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4433
Re: Greed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:42:31 GMT

"richard noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> writes:
Larry Pieniazek writes:
2 - More MOC sets please, and hurry!!!!
And that's all I am going to say about that.

WoW, Yah…
What’s up wit da?
I'd almost forgot!
Is the MOC line more infrequent than the Legends?
Are we only to expect 2 a year?

My guess is that LD was waiting to see how well the first one did
before committing to doing any more.  I'm sure there is a large
lead-time for new sets like this, and since it was kept secret until
its release, we have no way of knowing how long that takes.

After the success of the Blacksmith Shop, I suspect LD contacted other
MOC-makers and as we speak are working on the new sets which will be
out when the marketing astrologers declare it to be an auspicious
time...  But I predict that the "pace" of MOC sets will increase,
assuming that the program is continued.

--Bill.