 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4419
4418  |  4420
Subject:
Greed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 01:26:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
it is greed that makes people wanting to have these legends...

Greed?
  GREED??
    G R E E D?!?!?!

Whoa… maybe you look @ the hobby in a different manner that I.
But ‘Greed’ isn’t a term I'd apply to my ‘yearning’ for a 375.

~Perhaps your word usage is flawed?
I don’t see anything gluttonous, or insatiable about my desire for a 375!
But those are just the first few words that popped-up in my thesaurus.
(These words that are synonymous with greed appear repellent in nature.)

Mayhaps t’would be more aptly put if you were to imply ‘greed’ in terms
of desire, craving, and longing that do not possess a negative connotation.

: it is greed that makes people wanting to have these legends...
(Stupid argument of mine? Agree - but is yours the better one?)

I do believe my argument is better.
I ‘desire’ a 375 not for reasons of ‘greed’ but for the shear pleasure of
building and playing with a set that I've longed for since I was a child.
Now that the opportunity has arisen to purchase a Legend I buy it to add
soldiers to my collection, expand my Lego landscape, and appreciate an
astatically beautiful model.

~And I don’t think I'm alone…
I believe most of us have reasons of virtue rather than vice.

Call me childish, but I'm in the hobby for the fun it.
I really meant it when I said:
“if ever I should get my hands on a 6075 I swear I'd hug the box…for a
.      long time… telling it:        “Your home, your finally home!”      ”
                  http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=12857

For I love playing, building, and creating, with my collection.
Because I believe Lego is “an intellectualists pursuit of creativity
through the exploration of play.”  ®     -RN  2001.

I see no ‘greed’ in my ways, nor of those who share the hobby with me.
Pure fun with toys that are as adaptable and advanced as the individual
that creates with them.

                    Sorry, no ‘greed’ here,

                                                     --==RïçhårÐ==--