 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4371
Re: You get to choose!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:32:01 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Bruce Hietbrink writes:

5.  Black Seas Barracuda.  A really great set, but I probably wouldn't buy
it.  It's too expensive for a theme I'm not otherwise invested in.  Plus
you'd think that Lego would wait a couple of years after the Red Beard
Runner to rerelease another big pirate ship.

I'm speculating but RBR was brought back under something a bit different
than "LEGENDS" (it's a bit muddy exactly how it's organized to this reader).
Also it was a lot more recent. Maybe they brought back RBR to test the
waters and make the business case that BSB could be brought back, by
demonstrating good sales, without any special parts creation/compromise
required since it went out of production so recently?

Good analysis though. (except you didn't conclude Main Street was the one to
vote for. :-)  )