 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4328
Subject:
You get to choose!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:19:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Working for LEGO Direct is always fun, but every once in a while a project
comes along that just makes me giddy when I get to come here and announce
it. Today, such an announcement is made.

We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past (one of which should make Tim
Courtney very happy). These sets were legends in their time for a number of
reasons, all of which you can read about at:

http://www.LEGO.com/build

or at the voting itself at:

http://www.LEGO.com/myOpinions

Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home! Some sets will take
more time to prepare for production, so I can't give a firm launch date, but
the goal is to produce the winner before the end of the year.

And no, the winner of this vote is not the last Legend for the year...

So what are you waiting for?? Head on over to the LEGO Web site now and put
in your 2 cents!!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Re: You get to choose!
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past (one of which should make Tim
Courtney very happy). These sets were legends in their time for a number of
reasons, all of which you can read about at:

Yepee!

Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home! Some sets will take
more time to prepare for production, so I can't give a firm launch date, but
the goal is to produce the winner before the end of the year.

And no, the winner of this vote is not the last Legend for the year...

So what are you waiting for?? Head on over to the LEGO Web site now and put
in your 2 cents!!

I'd put a buck if I could... helàs, I can only vote once. Off to vote now,
6390 come to daddy!

Pedro
(very, very happy - thank you LEGO!!!!)

Re: You get to choose!
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

Working for LEGO Direct is always fun, but every once in a while a project
comes along that just makes me giddy when I get to come here and announce
it. Today, such an announcement is made.

We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past (one of which should make Tim
Courtney very happy). These sets were legends in their time for a number of
reasons, all of which you can read about at:

http://www.LEGO.com/build

or at the voting itself at:

http://www.LEGO.com/myOpinions

So, do we move this over to .general and start exit polling to get a best
guess on which will win? 8?)

Matt

Re: You get to choose!
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past (one of which should make Tim
Courtney very happy). These sets were legends in their time for a number of
reasons, all of which you can read about at:

http://www.LEGO.com/build

OOOOO!!  Blacktron I :-D

I have one word, 'space.'

And for you non-spaceheads, remember, that set comes with black shutters.

Jake...you da man!!

-Tim

Re: You get to choose!
[...]

Alright! Let's see some space! (or on the contrary,
something cool at that:)
I'm just hoping the next Legend will diversify the
Legend's series. Then Lego Direst's product line will
be a *bit* more stellar.

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112

Re: You get to choose!
[...]

Jake, all I can say is, Wow!
Why do you torture me so?
As a fan of Town, I lean towards <Set:6390>
But, as a lover of "my Era" of classic sets, I look towards <Set:6285>
Grrr, Decisions Decisions! :)
Also, one quick question.  If LEGO can release the Cypress Tree Packs, why
can't a Cypress Tree be included in 6390?  Also, will the old style signs or
the new style signs be included?  Thanks for your speedy response.

-John "Vote 6390 for Legend" Rudy
www.geocities.com/TJJohn12

Re: You get to choose!