 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4360
Re: Desiring Machine (was Re: You get to choose!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:46:41 GMT

"J. Irvine" <irvinej@accuvera.com> wrote in message

I have to jump in and add my agreement to this post. Speaking as someone • who
did not have the opportunity to get the Battrax when I was younger, I am
thrilled to have another chance at getting it now that I have the • purchasing
power to do so. I couldn't care less if it's "not the original" - it's • close
enough for me.

I agree here with this - when I was younger I had a couple of small Classic
Space sets but they disappeared a long time ago. With the release of the
Star Wars sets my LEGO interest has been renewed, although I've also started
looking at Space sets for sale. While the Battrax looks dated I think that
adds to the appeal - I would love to get my hands on one of these to remind
me of what I missed in my "dark ages". I wouldn't keep it in the box, it'd
get put together and displayed in my LEGO room (yep, I have a whole room
available to set out my LEGO although my computer shares it too) and
probably let my daughter play with it (and it'd reduce the chance of her
wanting to play with my 8448, although she seems to have taken a liking to
the Snowspeeder at the moment, quite scary for a 2 1/2 year old when she
even makes the sounds of the lasers and the noise of the AT-ATs!). In my
opinion LEGO isn't for stacking away in the hope it'll be worth something
one day, I enjoy building the sets and watching the sparks of creativity my
daughter shows with her Duplo and my LEGO.

Dan