 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4335
Re: You get to choose!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:48:41 GMT

Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home! Some sets will take

Jake, all I can say is, Wow!
Why do you torture me so?
As a fan of Town, I lean towards <Set:6390>
But, as a lover of "my Era" of classic sets, I look towards <Set:6285>
Grrr, Decisions Decisions! :)
Also, one quick question.  If LEGO can release the Cypress Tree Packs, why
can't a Cypress Tree be included in 6390?  Also, will the old style signs or
the new style signs be included?  Thanks for your speedy response.

I too voted for 6390 for the simple fact that it was going for in excess
of $100 on E-bay, and it would be sold for around $60.

"...it would include new ”rails” for the crane to slide sideways in, new
road plates with a broader road and fewer rows of studs, and a new tree
instead of the tall cypress tree"

This was one of the factors that almost lost my vote...and I am big town fan!!
They have cypress trees out, why not use one of those... and for the road
plates, they better not be the green ones, because that would look really
cheap!!  As far as the crane goes, that would be super-cool!!!

I have to agree with the "posting" majority....they should have put this set
out first, not that I am not complaining about the release of the breezeway
cafes, especially at sub $25 (US).

Benjamin Medinets