 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4352
Re: You get to choose! (first none-"Wow"-answer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:30:38 GMT

http://www.LEGO.com/myOpinions

So what are you waiting for?? Head on over to the LEGO Web site now and put
in your 2 cents!!

Hi Jake and people at lego.direct,

I am not glad about the idea of the legends at all (in the way they are done so
far). I gave my opinions in lugnnet.trains when the Metroliner 10001 has been
released (That is in fact the only train set I never bought and I will not do
it later... I own two or three 4558 and do not need a "faked" copy of that
great set).

Just to repeat some of my statements:
- Legends are legends, because they have been desireable sets: good design +
often rare sets because they have been discontinued since years.

- a re-released legend is no longer a legend, because it is just a mass
product (you have not to desire it any longer - just buy it). If a legend is
re-released it becomes a dead legend in my eyes: might be a cool set, but it is
by far less desireable. (You alway desire most, what is hard to get.)

I would wish, TLC could bring out more new and good designs like the 10020
Santa Fe or the 3451 Sopwith Camel. And if they had a lack of own ideas they
should bring more MOC-sets like the 3739  Blacksmith Shop. But legends in the
way they are released now are not very helpful for lots of fans.

If TLC wanted to do us a favour, they would do major changes to the new
legends. For example the 375 castle:
It has been a great set in 1978. I loved that set and will always love it. But
do I need a "faked" 375 set today? Really not!! A re-release has not the charme
of the original set from 1978. And I do not need yellow bricks for own designs
- does anybody else? I cannot imagine.

But what if TLC would bring a 375 version in basically tan colour (the knights
for e.g. with silver helmets)? That would be really cool in my eyes! I promise:
I would buy at least 5 copies of a tan 375. (And the tan 375 would not hurt any
"collectors" feelings + it has same opportunities for "players" + it has
a by far better brick assortment for "MOCcing people" (like me).

(Same argument was valid for the 4558: a dark grey one would have been very
cool - lots of nice parts for me (and other MOCcers) - same playing value and
challange in building for kids or adults that missed the 4558).

Just my 2c on the legends theme.

Kind Regards,

Ben
(lugnet #448)