 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4342
Re: You get to choose!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:29:47 GMT

Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home! Some sets will take
more time to prepare for production, so I can't give a firm launch date, but
the goal is to produce the winner before the end of the year.

And no, the winner of this vote is not the last Legend for the year...

Hello all...8^)

My two bricks on the potential re-releases:

375 Yellow Castle

  Now here is a Legend choice.  I can remember seeing it in the catalogs way
back when and wishing I had it.  Plus seeing the castle ideas in the old 6000
idea book and wanting one even more.  Even if the castle was a strange yellow
colour...this one is an excellent choice as it is one that people talk about
and still want...  Would there need to be any changes to the set???  Or can
Lego still release it exactly as it was??  That is definitely something that
should be answered before people commit to it...Would I get it??  Maybe...

6074 Black Falcon Fortress

  Cool looking little set, but deserving of being in the Legend line, well, up
for debate.  It is a better, more practical castle than the 375 and does have
some very good elements(and projected price is alright to me).  Would I get
it??  Probably...

6285 Black Seas Barracuda

  Great Pirate ship.  Best of all the sets (Pirate) in my opinion.  I am also
slightly biased as I own the original (with shooting cannons to boot!).  I
bought it way back when for $100 CDN and never regretted it.  More than got my
moneys worth playing with it.  I loved the monkey and the figure assortment.  I
also appreciated the detail that went into it.  Would I get it??  No, but only
because I have the original...

6390 Main Street

  My first though was "which Main Street???"  I always like the fact of implied
playability in it.  You had a good number of minifigs included, trees, flowers,
and to me, road plates!!  I can't actually recall seeing this set in stores,
but then again, maybe I just don't remember.  You can't argue with a set where
you get trees, flowers(!!!!!), lots of windows(glass too), and minifigs.  As
mentioned, before committing to it I would like to know exactly what would need
to be changed before it could be released.  Would I get it??  YES!!!

6941 Battrax

  Don't recall much of this set, but a Legend???  No, I don't think so.  Sure
it has some good bits (as Tim I believe pointed out - Black Shutters), but I
don't think it is a good option.  Again, would there be need for any changes??
Would I get it??  Not likely...

I am a town fan first and foremost, so that is why I voted for 6390.  It is the
most relevant to what I like to build.  These are also just MY opinions on the
choices available.  I really think that instead of two castle choices they
should have made only one and possibly included a Technic set instead, or
Train, or something!!  That would have better spread the choices around instead
of splitting votes(two Castle sets).  I realize some parts (especially the
Technic ones) would likely make some sets improbable as re-releases, but if
they have done it once...I also believe that the choice of the Battrax is a
poor one as the set "497 galaxy explorer" would have made a better choice, but
curiously was absent from this list...maybe later this year??? 8^)  the 497 is
more of a classic choice than 6941, but for the space fans...well, sadly, we
all can't win...8^/

At least it seems to me that these sets are ones in which they are made up of
bricks/plates and not highly specialized/unique/useless bits like most of
today's choices.  Maybe there is hope yet...

My two bricks...right or wrong

Jason Krish
NALUG