 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4402
Re: Legends in stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:53:44 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past
[snip]
Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home!

So-- If I may ask, how are Legends doing as a product line? Are we likely to
see "legends" in stores? Are the Wild West & Pirate sets currently in stores
considered "legends"?

Legends are only available directly from Lego, as you know.
The other re-issued Lego sets that ARE available from retailers are not
Legends, but are classified as CLASSICS.  That distinction seems to make all
the difference.  So, the re-issued Fort Legoredo, for example, is NOT a
Legend set but a Classic set.

It is unfortunate that Legends sets are not marketed to retailers, but there
is nothing we can do about that.  LegoDirect has its hands tied and they are
doing all they can for now to provide the Lego sets we want; items excluded
from the retail assortment may not be the best situation, but it is better
than not having them at all.

Personally, I am very willing to order from Lego Shop At Home here in the
USA for buyers who are elsewhere.  Or people can order for themselves and
have items shipped to me.

I will gladly re-pack and re-ship the items for very little compensation.  I
have offered this privately to several people over the years but few people
have taken me up on it.  Those that have bought through me have been happy
and have gotten Lego items that they would otherwise not have been able to buy.

If anyone wants to take me up on this offer, contact me via email.

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience playing with Lego toys....