 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4416
Re: You get to choose! (first none-"Wow"-answer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:44:09 GMT

Yes, I would agree...the legends and re-issues are all super. They are the
ONLY new sets (other than a few Star Wars and Harry Potter sets) that I have
purchased since '97.

LEGO, are you listening? Like many others, I have spent thousands of $$ in
the last 5 years on LEGO and only, I'd say, 5% of that has gone to LEGO.
That's because what we have to choose from is mostly junk.

And this is a pet peeve with me...please go back to the flap-and-tray boxes
for larger sets!!! The current boxes are awful. That horrid thick corrguated
cardboard with punchtabs is about the worst possible container for LEGO sets.

I would *gladly* pay a couple extra dollars for a better box. What would the
extra cost be for the next Legend...say either Main Street or the Yellow
Castle or whatever...to be in a flap-and-tray box instead of these lame
thick corrugated boxes? $2.00 extra? $3.00 extra? It would be more than
worth it to me.

Similarly the smaller sets should go back to being released in the
double-flap-and-tab design of the early '80s. Those were the only small set
boxes in which you could effectively store the pieces without using a
zip-lock baggie or something similar. Again, the extra cost for a MUCH
better box would be well worth it.

I know that there will be people who will say "LEGO is already too
expensive" but those people ALWAYS complain about price and probably
wouldn't be happy unless every set cost a dollar. :)

Lou

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Strutt writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
<snip>
But legends in the way they are released now are not very helpful for lots
of fans.
<snip>

I don't agree at all. Most of us would rather buy a rereleased legend (if it
was the theme they liked) than any of the sets available on the shelves right
now. The legends available are 10 times better than most of the sets that are
now on the shelves.
I for one am VERY happy for the legends.
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)