 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4404
Re: Legends in stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO Legend release! We
have selected five sets from years past
[snip]
Around the end of May, we will announce the winning set. Before you know it,
you will be able to order it from LEGO Shop At Home!

So-- If I may ask, how are Legends doing as a product line? Are we likely to
see "legends" in stores? Are the Wild West & Pirate sets currently in stores
considered "legends"?

I guess why I ask is that I'd much prefer them in stores. I hate to admit
it, but I *am* somewhat of an impulse Lego buyer. If the Guarded Inn were
released in stores, I'd have at least 10. As it is I have 2. I'd have a few
Breezeway Cafe's, Pizza Shop's, and even a Metroliner (of course I probably
*will* end up buying one of each of these from S@H-- just not as many as if
they were in stores).

I suppose it is cold comfort if there isn't a Lego outlet store near you,
but the Lego store in Anaheim (Downtown Disney, accessible without going
into the park) carries the Legend line.  They even got in the new Blacksmith
Shop this week (Metroliner, Guarded Inn, Pizza to Go were all there).  I
didn't want to have pay the shipping charges on the Blacksmith Shop, so I
just waited until it showed up at the outlet store.  There is something
about actually having the box in front of you that shopping by mail doesn't
satisfy.

Bruce