 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4350
Re: You get to choose!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:51:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Aaron West writes:

That is what I think and how I voted.  I REALLY want to se LEGO do some
Classic Space reissues with a few modern changes, that would rock!  I really
would like to see Pirate and Imperial Guards/Soldiers return in a BIG way.
And I am absoultly ga-ga over LEGO Castle theme, more is better, and I only
have two Black Falcon torsos!  So more than 20 Black Falcon Fortress 6074
would be good to add to my collection.  And I mean it!
Thank you LEGO Direct for bringing to life old dreams.

Yeah I pretty much voted the same way you voted, Aaron, as I feel the same
way about the sets in question.  I'm crazy about castle too, so I'd get
multiple copies of 6074 for the grey bricks, walls, and corners.  And those
minifigs!  I only have a handful of black falcon torsos, and I want an
army!!  I gotta start saving up...

In regards to space, I was really surprised they didn't choose something
from classic space.  I do have a heart for classic space, so I was hoping
for the Galaxy Explorer.  But I'd only buy one of those...  My guess is that
classic space will come later in the year - just in time for Christmas perhaps?

As for 6285 BSB, I must admit it's a great set, but the price may limit the
number of sets that TLC actually sells.  TLC already has a large pirate ship
available, and the 10001 Metroliner legend is already the $100+ set of the
Legends line...

-Bryan