 Trains / 18263 (-100)
  Re: lights and train power supply question

(...) Yes !! I'll go and try it. Now if only Lego would make a speed regulator that was "slightly" less bulky.... Paul (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lights and train power supply question

(...) If routed through a speed regulator to go from tip/ring connection to LEGO(r) 2x2 double plate connection, yes. (...) Many of us power lots of accessories this way, lights, motors, etc. I even power 12V stuff this way. There presumably is a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  lights and train power supply question

Can you run the lights from the light and sound sets (9V), with the 9V train transformer? For a project I have 20 lights, I now use 10 9V battery boxes, and connecting multiple lights to 1 battery box decreases the intensity of the individual (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Where is Toni Läävari?

Hi! I have tried to contact Toni for a little more than a week now. Does anyone know where he is? BR Sonnich (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Ah. I stand corrected on the rod location issue then. I see y'alls point. Plus, I could have just looked at the photo of a J that hangs in my room (DUH! :^P ). The rods are about 15" away from the edge of the driver, and about a foot away from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) The telling factor here is the mechanical advantage desired. Fast passenger locomotives with large drivers may well have their rod connetion point much closer to the center proportionally than small drivered steamers intended for low speed (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Hi Stefan, if you take a look at real steam engines, you can easiely find out, that there have been different solutions. Some had the eye quite near the flange, but lots of them had it much nearer the center than to the flange. So if lots of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Closes Out 2002 With 2 Public Displays!

SCLTC Year End Public Displays The SCLTC is proud to announce that our multi-level “mountain town” will be on public display at the following locations: November 10, 2002 Toy Train Operating Society Annual Cal-Stewart Meet (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Uhh...oops. I didn't know the Milwaukee Road streamlined any Hudsons. That's what I get for not looking at the wheels. (...) I look forward to seeing them. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Ah, you are looking for a Hiawatha Atlantic, are you Stefan? Actually, J-1 was modeling a Hiawatha Hudson with a little selective compression on the number of drivers (his MOC is actually a 4-4-4 instead of the proper 4-6-4) I, on the other (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Mathis MOCs (was: Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line)

(...) David and all: I am hesitant to reply to any inquiries regarding my work on the My Own Creation(R) series/theme with The LEGO(R) Company. I simply don't like to risk a violation of the Nondisclosure Agreement that is in place. The designs you (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

ARGHHHHH!!! et tu Brute? No Lathes! ...returns to lurking.... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Hehe. You also have to watch out for overhead obstructions. How tall is your Atlantic, anyway? Looks pretty big. And very cool. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) The one thing where I disagree. With the rods towards the center of the wheel, it just wouldn't look right. They need to be in the correct spot on the drivers. That is part of the beauty (sp?) of steamers; the wonderful movement of the side (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Hi Stefan, I would suggest: - start simple with on1y one new mold and colours red and black! (if really needed, we still could cut off the flange) - even one size only is enough for hundreds of new designs. (1) (...) Axle holes are needed for (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) The one issue that comes to my mind is that if the flanged wheels get too big, they'll have a tendency to 'climb' off the rails, especially on the outside of curves. As the wheel gets bigger, the flange would also have to get bigger, and we're (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> skrev i meddelandet news:H4z875.4vv@lugnet.com... (...) program. (...) Yes, Resource Hacker is an indespensable tool, but ... (...) ... using pictures and icons without permission is not recommended. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) If you're saying you want maroon to simulate dirtied bright red rather than because it's a prototype, I strenuously disagree. For the most part LEGO(r) has always been about shiny clean stuff. So if the wheels are bright red, bright red is the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

I don't think the wheels should be too tall. In reality they should be little taller than the current train wheels, but I'd also like to see them being offered in both red and black versions. another option would be the choice of linking the drive (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) These locos still had the wheels below the plate. In fact, the plate looks disproportionately high to accommodate them. The problem with the wheels-up-the-sides approach is that it fixes the body to the wheels at the centre point of the loco. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) I got unplugged ~1 year ago, from cable-phone. It sucks. (moved too far out for ADSL/cable, so phone it is) (...) No, nearly _all_ that I could quickly check (NYC J2, Niagara, Pensy K4, U2 SAR25, DoG, A1, Castle) have fluted con rods. A quick (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) If we could get many new wheels I would wish for one that was very tall, but if we could only get one, I would NOT want one that was at the tall end of the range, I would want one that was more typically sized. Typical sizes did not much (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) 56K...sucks, don't it? Thanks Kevin for posting the pics, interesting solutions with both. (...) I think I know what you're talking about. Like the technic plates Shaun Sullivan has on his German loco, right? I was not aware that was what the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) same (...) tires, (...) Here are a few pics of Robin's HE on FBTB: (URL) is another very similar HE built by another member, Scott Falez (URL) are heavily articulated to get around teh curves, and the drivers don't extend up past the footplate (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) I know- and real wheels ranged up to 12' something (yes, only on the GWR...IIRC, the biggest were over 14' dia...Even if most were ~60-80" tall...in other words, they should be taller than a minifig. (...) I can't find an image right now- I'm (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Right, like O-Gauge trains have. This is the configuration I'm suggesting when I say this. For those who aren't familiar with O-gauge, this means the motor would attach to the body with the pilot and trailing trucks swinging out. Actually, I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) um. I _think_ it would be possible with a x-6-x loco and blind drivers (IE 2 sets flanged, 1 blind in that order) to get them up the boiler. I know it is possible using the old large red wheels and tires to do so with a -2- loco, because I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) This is a good idea - then you can put linkages across a set of six wheels. You'd have one axle blind and just have the other two running on the track. (...) Not so sure about this. The problem with any long wheelset is that it has to be (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to incorporate Large Church into town layout?

(...) I can't answer them all, others will I am sure speak up too. (...) 32 will be more flexible. (...) Depends on the size of the MOC. RTLToronto's template seems reasonable enough. (...) See above (...) Probably. Depends on how long the tunnel (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

(...) Sound like a real must have! Thanks for the information! /Tore (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

You can use Resource Hacker and pull the original bmp's out of the program. (URL) soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote in message news:H4wnJy.CzF@lugnet.com... (...) Holland) (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

(...) I recommend to use the shareware program 'Snagit' in such a case. It's the best screen capture program that I know. One of the many features is that it allows you to capture individual windows (like dialog boxes, toolbars or scroll windows) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

Can you not just do a screen capture of the icons and then in Paint or PaintShopPro modify them? David (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

James, When I see the super designs you have made I wonder if this is what we will be getting next from TLG. Will you be making some more trains for 2003 - or is this confidential? David (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Help needed with combining town project and train

Could any train enthousiasts, especially that also build medium or large layouts, help me with some questions as posted here: (URL) should have posted this here to begin with, any help is much appreciated. Paul (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pirates Festival at Mission San Juan Capistrano

Cross posting the attached announcement. Ray (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Also, we need a small size to replace the pulley wheels, since pulley wheels don't have flanges. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My opinion on drivers...

If (and when, hopefully) Lego makes drivers for steamers, I think they need to meet this criteria: Available in both blind and flanged versions. Available in medium and large versions. Large ones would be about 1 1/2 times the height of a minifig. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Track Designer button icons

Hi, Is there someone who can send me the used icons that appear on the Track Designer buttons (straight track, curved track, points, cross) ? I'm thinking on Matthew Bates, Leonardo Zide , .... I have a DCC system (showed on the latest LEGO WORLD (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have several such maps... Most of these are done in a 1:1000 scale, but they are all Dutch so I can only say that it's a standard drawing for the Netherlands (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signalling (was: Track geometry in real life - need resources)

Well not really relevant to the topic, but an interesting site I found while browsing for info ... (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) The last set I bought (OS 25"/mile maps) cost me ~$120 CDN (50 UKP). For a relatively simple station, the maps were expensive (they are reprints, of respectively, a 1865 and a 1905 map of Long Marton, on the S&C Railway) (...) (URL) dug up a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Sure does! Thank you very much. This plan is especially good for its clarity in the schemes - I wonder if there is a worldwide "standard" for representing tracks? Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Thank you very much for these links! I've already found a couple *large and complicated* yards (Buffalo comes to mind) when browsing the site minutes ago, and it sure looks promising - there is work for me in here for plenty of time! Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) :-( That is the tough part... all the (few) train stations near my home have a relatively simple design. Which in itself is probably good, but not for my present study. (...) I do understand that "true" track has a lot more flexibility than (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Made a scan for you from the Hengelo depot the way it was around 1990... (URL) (around 400 kb) Hope this helps. (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) here is an example of one: (URL) this site: (URL) (go up a level for countless other fallen flag rr's) I've explored a lot of the Erie-Lackawanna section and he has many other scans of track plans for yards and stations. Just dig around on the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

(...) The brown arches are intended to be held together by dray gray light saber bars snapped into 1x1 plates with clips. Even though this construction is older (maybe better?) try this image: (URL) construction is probably on the fragile-side. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

(...) Thanks, but I do realized that other steamers (yours included) have far more detail-- and the drive rods! -- for a much more intricate and realistic look. (...) Uh, oops. Sorry, I should've been very clear about that: sadly, no real-brick (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Full size plans are rather hard to come by. Best idea is to visit stations that are like what you intend on modeling. Full size track is far more flexable than lego. You can have everything up to interlaced crossing/turnouts...not common, but (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

Can you please explain the parts and construction of the brown arched doorways? I cannot figure out what you are using for windows. Help!!! Aaron Oh, and can you tell by my urgency that I REALLY LIKE your stuff! (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have some drawings of a dutch railway station, fairly large though. What I have learned so far is that they even resort to building special points "on the spot" so as far as geometry goes (I've seen 3 different point angles so far in this (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

(...) James, My jaw hit the floor when I saw the thumbnail on Brickshelf ... this looks gorgeous! Great job with the detailing, especially along the top of the boiler, and with the colors. I love the red accents, and the yellow trim on the steam (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

Instructions for my Orient Express style passenger cars and steam locomotive (no true-to-life strict imitation) are now viewable on-line. (URL) about any errors in the instructions or poor step-to-step and sub-model sequence transitions. I know (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Track geometry in real life - need resources

Hi all, Can someone please indicate me a good on-line resource where I can find track diagrams from REAL stations, depots, junctions and such? I am interested in knowing how designers have overcome awkward limitations to the possible geometries. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

(...) Hi Klaas, You may call me that way, since I know you are only kidding... But only if I get the right to bann those who call me president from future FGLTC events.... ;-) (...) Haha... But be careful with Isabel: HANDS OFF! She is the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

Ya, but where is the Metroliner? (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Thanks for pointing that out. My 2 year old son loves it! Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

(...) Ben, you MUST be president! These pics prove I'm right! (URL) girl on you right: definitely VERY pleased to be pictured next to THE MAN.... ;-) ---...--- And this one: (URL) needs a balloon above your head, you thinking: 'Hm, nice parking lot (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes: Hi Dirk! Congrats to the Cool Site of the Week award! You have definitely earned it (even if I have not voted for it this time due to lack of time). (...) Hey! Please stop spreading rumors like these: I have been (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  0-4-0 Porter and Shorty Caboose

Hi all, I finally got around to uploading pics of my latest steamer, an 0-4-0T Porter. I also uploaded pics of the caboose I built to match. The prototypes for both were narrow-gauge, so I tried to capture that feeling on standard gauge track by (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce.moc)

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:H4rqor.HBr@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) You can rearrange the train - it is drag and drop. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Hmmm... Notice the observation car is the third car instead of the last... They may still have to tweak this thing a little. Maybe work in the train kit discounts while they're at it... -Paul (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

The light comes out the horn too. I guess that's what happens when you have Danish rail workers installing US diesel lights ;D SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Notice that the pre-configured santa fe has both A units facing forward tho... ROSCO (using NT4 IE 5.5) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) I just tried this and it works for me. I have Windows 2000 with IExplorer 6sp1. I had to install macromedia flash player 6, but after that, it works. You either choose a pre-configured train (SuperChief, Freight or passenger) and then you can (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) There is nothing wrong with your computer screen. Unfortunately you have encountered an error on our website. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO.com Train Configurator?

Anyone play with this thing yet? (URL) is pretty neat. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - CTB/Brick Depot (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

Dear Friends, 15 of you (and as I know one is Johannes "Jojo" K. from 1000steine) have voted for the cool site of the week. I won this award in the 3rd run. I had no chance against peeron. 15 votes is not so cool. But the very positive point is that (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

I think this merits some translation. What Duane is attempting to do is to make a train car that can hold a Bionicle Toa and may be "decorated" with such parts. He also intends on putting the LUCNY logo on it somewhere. He is asking because it seems (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Very nice Tim! How long did this one take to render? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Kershaws!

(...) Here's a pic, courtesy of Peter G. (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Hmm... I see what you mean about drawing current off the motor, Peter. I ought to double motor the thing, but that would mean losing the 3-axle trucks, which I want to avoid. Ross, does your stuff run off one or both motors? I'm putting the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MichLUG at Train-O-Rama in Dearborn 10-27-02

My photos of MichLUG's train show yesterday are now public on Brickshelf. Highlights of the show included: My St. Mary's of Redford: (URL) Haunted House and Graveyard: (URL) Art Deco auto dealership: (URL) wienermobile: (URL) Leach's fire station: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  Website updated

I've been updating my site...check out (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

(...) As Jeroen pointed out to me, it is actually Thomas Burger's B-Unit that I used. Sorry about that. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LTC containers

(...) Besides, we (the GMLTC) take our unofficial title of "the most disorganized LEGO Train Club in the world" *very* seriously!! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  New Santa Fe Render

Well, it's not exactly a MOC, since Jeroen de Haan provided the Santa Fe MLCAD files, but I did create the scene and sky. (URL) me know what you think. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Well I've run my n-class (URL) with two motorised bogies, motor driving engine, and 2 lights off a single controller with no problems. Two of them at once and it shuts down after about 15 mins. ROSCO (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LTC containers

I noticed that KK Quah of GFLTC had posted pics of all of the containers from the swap, and the 8 widers GMLTC and TCLTC are missing: (URL) is our fault, and due to some other unforseen circumstances, our ambassador cars didn't reach KK in time to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

(...) Sorry, it's up now. Actually, it was cleared when I posted but I reposted some other stuff and thus it needed further moderating;-) -John (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

(...) Sorry for the slpw reply, I reorganized my Brickshelf folder, and updated the Container car. My original reason for going 7 wide was so that I could still build some walls along the side of the wagon. See my second version here: (URL) first (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The problem isn't drag then, it's draw on the current. You're running a separate motor to drive those wheels, and I know from you in person today it's running on the output studs from the train motor. That's taking power away from the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

(...) a deep link to it! (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  2nd NovaLUG meeting in Dartmouth, NS

Hello, I'm proud to announce our 2nd participation at a model train show on November 16 in Dartmouth, NS. It will be held in the Dartmouth Sportsplex, Wyse road near the MacDonald Bridge from 9am to 4:30PM We had so much success during the October (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

In order to insire and challenge other LTCs to participate, here is a pic of the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club's ornament we will be sending to the NELUG and to the NGLTC for their respective festival of trees events: (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) Hmmm they look even better in the ABS! Great work! ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) I've been watching progress on Brickshelf(tm) and wondering when you were going to delurk. I like the red bullet a lot, and find the freight monorail really neat, you don't see freight monos much. Bravo, and thanks for sharing! ++Lar Have you (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail MOC's

Having finally taken some pictures to replace the renderings and sorted out my monorail folder, I have decided to "de-lurk" and post my monorail train mocs for your critical appraisal. My first train is a straight re-work of the Airport Shuttle (set (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment will hold their second joint Train Show

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

(...) I thought about including .trains, but in all fairness, then I should have included virtally every other theme groups as well, since they where all represented on our event, without exception! So, I went for .general instead. (...) Here is a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi There, This is exactly what I have done to all the wheel sets on my Santa Fe train (2 engines, 5 cars), and it works great now. I have also had a problem with the underside of the 10022 cars catching on the track when they crest a hill in a turn. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

Of course we're going again! Here's a little write-up I did on the BrickFilms forum, to indicate how we enjoyed ourselves. Sorry if it focuses on our own little show and animation too much. --->8--- We handed out 200 folders mentioning, among (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.animation, lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) It would be neat to see the SF set redone in other schemes by TLC. There's definitely a market for them, and we could see dk. red (Lehigh Valley), dk. blue (Long Island), and of course your dk. green in the Empire Builder. (...) Agreed. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) (URL) even (URL) bad :) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) LOL!! I'm sure we could ALL come up with colors that we'd like to see have a better selection of bulk bricks... Me? I'm waiting for the dark green, so I can build this: (URL) I'm *definitely* dreaming!!) <sigh> You know, .trains is a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper. My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same. I did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced strain on the 9V motor, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Okay, then your problem is drag. Weight isn't so much a problem if there isn't a lot of friction. I just looked at your engine again and I can see your problem, because it is one that my son Ross experienced when he built his Pacific: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) That only adds to my confusion. The Porter has the old motor and my Greenbrier has the brand new (3 days old) motor. I did take out a battery box which really wasn't needed, and it's a bit better, but I can't make the engine much lighter. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Who did? ;-) (...) One thing you didn't suggest was that maybe the one motor is worn out. Stefan, did you pull a switch and see if the results were the same? (...) Harvey, this flat out is NOT true. AFOLs comprise only a fraction of TLC's (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact