 Trains / 18211
Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:29:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Instructions for my Orient Express style passenger cars and steam locomotive
(no true-to-life strict imitation) are now viewable on-line.

Sorry about any errors in the instructions or poor step-to-step and
sub-model sequence transitions.

I know there are probably some issues with the steam loc instructions-- it's
been several years since I tried a steam loc....And, I humbly acknowledge
that this attempt is derivative of and inspired by the many excellent
steam-works by others. And, this one isn't as good as others'.
Bravo to you steam-builders!  Great works on very challenging constructions.

Well, thanks for browsing the Orient Express images.

later,
James Mathis

James,

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the thumbnail on Brickshelf ... this looks
gorgeous!  Great job with the detailing, especially along the top of the
boiler, and with the colors.  I love the red accents, and the yellow trim on
the steam pistons.

Was this model built out of brick, as well?  I'd love to see some pictures.
How does it run - looking it over, it seems as if it would not have any
problems, though sometimes the connection between the pushing tender and the
engine can be a bit problematic.

Beautiful work!  Congrats on another great design ... and welcome back to the
world of *real* trains (as opposed to those pesky turbines,
internal-combustions or electrics)  ;)

-s