 Trains / 18181
Re: This is odd...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:21:00 GMT

The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper.
My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same.  I
did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced
strain on the 9V motor, but those don't even touch the track.

The problem isn't drag then, it's draw on the current.  You're running a
separate motor to drive those wheels, and I know from you in person today
it's running on the output studs from the train motor.  That's taking power
away from the motor--possibly significant power.  There just isn't the juice
available for the train motor!

Peter