 Trains / *22515 (-100)
  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) Available from LEGO bulk in 3 colors, you only need what, 2-3 bags worth for a full container set. (...) White is not mandatory. I hope INDYLUG chooses to do theirs in gray, for example, as gray and maroon are Monon colors. PS, MichLTC is on (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) Gee, Whiz! you guys must think we are all sitting on a huge cache of 4 x 8 plates and White bricks or something? :) And speaking of building, I hope I have enough tiles to finish the tops of all those containers. And, Yes, LUCNY is on board (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

Thanks Robin! Folks, please let me know if you are participating with this at BrickFest soon! I am about ready to begin phase 2 of this and I have less than 10 participants information! Again, just drop me an email to at least tell me whether you (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) EJLTC, HardLUG, IndyLUG and since they now have an NMRA Show under their belts rtlToronto. If you are in for the swap let Rob Hendrix know, ASAP! The new to the swap clubs are going to need 20+ containers... so start building! See (URL) for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) oops i forgot: ben have a look at this picture: www.tu-bs.de/~y00076...p69s11.jpg from here www.tu-bs.de/~y00076...nframe.htm i fear there is no straight track in the wiggly middle part. bye/tschues thomas (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

hi! sorry i've been staring at this layout for decades and have rebuild it or sections in real live and on pc many times. i must admit that by now probably every detail of this track has built itself a nice and cosy home in my head. i should have (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory

(...) Thanks James, I was able to pick up those "skateboard" ramps for the cheap price of less than $1 each on Bricklink. When stacked, the make for cool, large-radius curves. I'm pretty excited about the new availability of "white" ramps in the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(URL) download the video to your own system--do not try 'streaming' the video from my webserver--it's only an old EN6300 and it canna handle the pressure... Anyway, some brief info--I had the Vision Command camera built into a tower on the layout (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory

(...) SNOT-wise construction. Really beautiful and elegant curving walls. The height achieved complements the shapes so well. Very inovative! Now, I am wondering when the roof-top fan on this building will show up on train locomotives? Perhaps it (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

Maybe you guys should change your name to RTFMToronto! ;) SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) I didn't want to mention that part for fear of sounding a little 'braggish', but at least 6 tentative invites to other train shows. I don't know if we have the time to get somethign (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) What's extremely sad about the general public is that they don't read. All of this information and more was on a frickin sign, standing on a post. I know they could all see the sign, because they took Lego Train brochures from the holder (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) Welcome to the crazy world of displaying a Lego train layout! Glad to hear you had fun, I hope your group continues to 'dabble' in trains. And I'm *really* looking forward to what your RCX expertise can bring to the world of Lego trains. How (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2X2 Electrical Plate Moved to Train Lego Shop @ Home

(...) Yeowch! It's only $5.99 in the summer catalog, though... Mark (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

I also noticed the train connector wire is back online, for 8.99 US... I'm VERY glad its back, but that's a rip off!!! Rob "John Musil" <Studjamn68@aol.com> wrote in message news:HID1FE.1Fz4@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) to make (...) correctly and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) Thanks John! We had a great time! When you hear over the PA system, "Such-n such group is having a raffle--you can find them next to the LEGO layout!", you know you've made an impression. The layout was a definite crowd pleaser. And the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  BrickTopia Bullet Train (Modified 4511)

I was excited when I got the new 4511 High Speed Train set, but after more careful analysis, it needed a lot of modifications. Here is the result: (URL) are appreciated. (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  RTLToronto NMRA pictures

I tried just x-posting their message to .trains, but Lugnet said I couldn't do it, because my message was "96% quotes", and that I had to trim some of their message before I could x-post it. The heck with that, I'll just tell you where their message (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) WHAT??? No engine? Even though it's nothing too special, almost every other Lego Train set had at least an engine! Was the designer team too lazy too put in an engine that would be like about 15 pieces??? Well thank you for clearing that up (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  San Mateo GATS a success

BayLTC has just completed another successful GATS show. Our layout came out winning the Second Place award in the layout contest. Pictures should be coming around soon. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, ILTCO Member, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  2X2 Electrical Plate Moved to Train Lego Shop @ Home

Just noticed that Lego has decided to include the 2X2 electrical plate as a train accessory. I was wondering when the Lego marketing team was going to make this type of move! It only took them 9 months to market the piece correctly and maybe make (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) No, no engine in them. Have to build one yourself. I did, using 4 1x2 hinges, 8 1x1 round plates, a 2x2 round, a 2x2x2 bracket, and some 2x plates. It's not like it takes a lot of pieces, just that it isn't included :(. I did another minor (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) No, it is a turning side dump hopper. The sides are made up of the pieces from the cloud city car (red 5L 2w 2h, bent at 3l), and then have technic pins holding them to the ends. It is quite an inventive way to make it discharge. It is a clean (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

(...) www.reimann.de (one of three best recources to buy online in Germany - and possibly my personal favorite). You might check the partner-shop of 1000steine.de as well, when you are in search for really good prices. From the names it sounds like (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

In lugnet.trains, David Graham wrote: Hi David, Since all set names are identical with the existing ones I strongly doubt this to be new sets. All the names are the same as for the usual S@H train sets. I checked the site and it still gives the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

(...) Do you have a link to that site? From the names it sounds like these are the wagons from the My Own Train Theme from Lego. The first one could be the open-freight wagon, second the hopper, third the passenger wagon, then the tanker, fifth the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Tim, yes, you (and Thomas) are obviously right! I agree on your conclusions: there is an extra section of ca. 8studs length added into the track in the area of the level crossing (which itself has an span of 16studs). If 16 studs are in top (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: Station Hotel

Having just got an old digital camera, I can now start to add photos of more of my creations. This is a recent one - I based it on the palaces of St. Petersburg, but it is both a railway station and hotel on the upper floors. (URL) hope you like it (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) I too will wait for this set to go down in price until I pick a copy up. Does anyone know if Toys R Us sells this set in the US? BTW, if the engine compartment is empty, it would make a nice place to hide money. :D Joe (URL) don't want a large (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  I do not recognise these sets

I have just been onto Reimann the German online toy store to see if they have the new trains - and noticed some strange numbers - they look like trains items - maybe they are duplo - maybe I'm making a fool of myself. What is 4167313 Offener (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) I think I can see what Thomas means. First of all see the siding at the bottom left, it has a wiggle by the point. (URL) At first I thought that leaving this wiggle out of the Track Designer layout did not make any difference but if you add it (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) Nice review. I'm not really likely going to buy this set at that price $189.99 CDN at Toys'R'Us! I will let 'till Christmas. Anyway, a lng time ago, I saw apicture of the locomotive with those front engine doors open and I saw that it was (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) (URL) Hi Thomas, I had a look for over 10 minutes at this picture and still I did not got your point. What should be wrong? Because I did not see it in the picture I started to use Track Designer and the layout seems to be fine except from a (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) Yes the tube. My bike still has inner/outer tire so I assumed most still do. (...) I have many and that's one of them, although rarely used :D (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) Jan-Albert (*), when you say "inner tyre" do you mean the tube? (bike tyres have a tube, that is a rubber doughnut with a valve, containing compressed air). I ask it because racing bikes mostly use tubular (tubeless) tyres, which are a kind of (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) Last year during a German Muelheim event, somebody from France showed how he made grip tires by cutting bicycle tires. The racing bike tires are very small and fit perfect. I'm sure a bike repair shop would be happy to give you some used inner (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Match Made in Heaven

Hey Brad Hamilton: When I saw this pic you posted on Brickshelf...: (URL) I immediately thought to myself that that train was perfectly designed to fit in with the style of Bricktopia! Heck, now that I think about it, the new train station could fit (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

Nice quickie review, James. I know it makes me look forward to getting it. It is a bummer somewhat about the "click-hingification" of those parts you mentioned. A question though; does the red hopper-ish car have a rotating center? It looks like a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC + LokSound = true

Hi Mark, Thanks for your answer. It works fine with the remote control. (...) This works fine for functions of type on/off, but for effect type of functions (like blowing the whistle on F2) the calls ldcc_function(1, 2, 1); and ldcc_function(1, 2, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Grip tyres for 12V trains

I recently bought some 4.5V and 12V train parts, including two 80s 12V motors, but no grip tyres. The engines slip a lot with just a few cars (mostly the steel axle trainbases from the 70s) Does someone know a good alternative for grip tyres. I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  4512- thoughts

I've gotten my first copy of 4512, and are reasonably impressed with it. As others have noted, the box showes 1/2 straights, but the set doesn't include them :(. The loco isn't too bad (fairly close to that of 4564, but not the same). New snowplow (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) <snipped loads of description; a good read> Excellent execution to this challenging design. I don't have the time right now to discuss. Gotta run. But, that gives me some time to think about working from you mods. Thanks! later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

James Mathis wrote: > Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to investigate this > construction, finding and reporting its real-brick faults, and > tackling some corrective design approaches. No problem - it's fun! >> The channels created by the 2x1 (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) Hello Alastair, Your original post was clear and I appreciate the feedback. I added the reply to point out a detail that is not very clear in the pictures I posted. I actually considered glassing in the grills but thought a little ventilation (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Here are the instructions for the NCLTC container too: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Thanks Larry and Thomas for the imput. I'll start building this weekend. Brian (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) I personally am not so keen on the use of the 4x4 plate on top, I think it best to mimic the stud/no stud configuration of the original 4x8 partly studded plate, as we did, although it increases consumption of 1xN tiles. However this is NOT a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

hi! Here is a layout that puzzled me as a child. It took me some time to accept that they seemed to have cheated. (URL) and rebuild this in Track Designer. It won't work. Have a look at the level crossing at the right and the track to the top of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) here: (URL) TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Go with the standard container height, that's what everyone else did. see, for example, set 4549: (URL) specifically this page: (URL) containers do NOT have to use the expensive parts, such as the 4x8 partly studded plate, thinwalls and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to investigate this construction, finding and reporting its real-brick faults, and tackling some corrective design approaches. (...) Oooh, 1/2-brick length change. Maybe going for two side-by-side roll up (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) I'd like to get in on the container swap, representing the IndyLUG club. Just let me know how many containers we'll need to build and bring. I see that the footprint is 4x8 but how many bricks tall are the contaniers? Brian (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) The original REALLY doesn't accept 8-wides. Of course, like yours, it accepts the 6-wides with railings, etc, but a true 8-wide... (URL) exceedingly tight squeeze, indeed. :^) -Stefan- (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) It's a great idea, but needs refining. I've tried building it, and there are a few problems. The channels created by the 2x1 panels have too much freedom - the door can slide left and right in a 10 wide, but the garage door won't fit in 9 wide (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) I should have worked that one out! If it weren't for the Gulf Stream, we'd be in a similar position. In case it wasn't clear in my original posting, nice job, Mike! Alastair (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

There have been a few changes discussed and agreed upon by many valued people in the community, so I am pleased to (re)announce the container swap at BF 2003! Robin from GFLTC has posted the latest revision of the "master list" for the original (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) Yes it will, but only if its exactly 8 wide. NO overhang. My six wides have railings tacked on the outside and they just squeeze through. I also found You have to have at least two straights in front on either door or the train clips the door (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) Here in Canada glassed in windows is a must, lest you have ice cubes instead of workers. I did leave the grills open at the top for ventilation. Mike (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Part 824

(...) spoked wheels. (Unfortunately, some of the wheels have seen better days.) :( After further investigation (aka digging through the lot) :) I found another piece that appears to identify what I have as coming from a #113 - a decorated blue 1 x 6 (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Part 824

I believe it appeared in set 153, too (see the Lugnet note from Ben). Also, I have a picture of the actual part in my Vintage gallery: (URL) that helps, Clark (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Container Stats (was: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation)

(...) James, You got it! It's now public at (URL) site still needs work, but the basics are there (PDF or TXT). I plan to do more with this site like linking all the clubs and a picture of the month with the containers at train shows around the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Part 824

What set(s) used part number 824? ((URL)) I obtained some of them in a lot I won on eBay. I've determined that one set they were used in is #113. (< (URL)) Pictures of that set shows them fitted with 4-stud wheels, the ones I have are fitted with (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

Impressive - although more than a rebuild, at three times the size! (...) Maybe, although most UK train sheds are that colour - well, more like sand red actually - brick. (...) Sizewise it feels like a real trainshed, as might be seen in a UK city. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Display cards

What are you bringing to BrickFest? Although bringing your LEGO creations and something to the show is not required, it is highly encouraged. If you can’t bring very much because of your travel circumstances then don’t worry. Ship it up or you can (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

  A&M LWorks Presents a Andrzej M. Szlaga's Koef 3 Switcher Engine BIs

A&M LWorks is proud to present Andrzej M. Szlaga's Koef 3 Switcher Engine Building Instructions! This is a wonderful model and best of all it's *SO CUTE* (according to my wife). =) Without further adue you can get the BIs either in LDraw or Flash (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.inst)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

"ondrew hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HI4w8p.1C43@lugnet.com... (...) build 6 (...) of 4 (...) provides (...) there (...) proposing to (...) OnDrew, The container swap at BF will be for containers of size 4x8 footprint. I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

Being that the NILTC is an 8-wide train club I would personally rather build 6 stud wide 24 plus stud long containers verses the LEGO company’s version of 4 studs wide 8 studs long. The 8-wide train version is more realistic and provides more room (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) I know Robin W. did a great chart on what clubs had what at one time, maybe he can make that public. I think it would be a great help in figuring out what clubs need what. I am tempted to make a new set of containers for the 2003 year, kind of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

I better put an oar in. I asked Rob to coordinate this rather than trying to do it myself because I've got a pretty full plate and because he's from a club that wasn't in on the first one... I appreciate him stepping up to this task! (...) I asked (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

To better explain the thought process behind this particular container swap, I have decided to reply to my own post with some more details. This swap was planned to be an entirely new swap. My thoughts were to hold an annual swap an treat the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club is interested in participating, please reply with your club affiliation and email address here. Or drop me an email at rob@msltc.org with your information. If participating, please (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at the Maple Leaf 2003 NMRA Show

NMRA Maple Leaf 2003 Train Show July 19-20th, 2003 Saturday 10AM-5PM Sunday 10AM-4PM International Centre 6900 Airport Road Mississauga, Ontario Adult $10 Kids under 6 Free Kids (age 6 -12) $4 Seniors $8 (URL) folks, rtlToronto will be presenting (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) I haven't real-brick-built this design. I'm not sure how far they might roll up-- maybe only a couple of bricks height? At most only half the height of the rolling doors if one where to allow the top part of the door to roll down on the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) Impressive. You mentioned they don't roll up all the way... How far do they roll up? Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) Very nice solution. It looks great! Niels (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: koef3

Andrzej, Please email me at "jediagh@yahoo.com". The email address that I have for you is giving me errors! I just used it last night and it was okay. =( In any case I'm almost done with our project and want to get your okay before it becomes (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

Here is a potential method of inserting (URL) roller doors into a baggage car>. For some time I have wanted to get the town garage roller doors into a baggage car. I do realize that the proposed configuration linked to below would not roll up all (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BayLTC at GATS this weekend!

FREMONT, CA - This is just a reminder that the Bay Area LEGO Train Club is displaying at the Great American Train Show this weekend in San Mateo, CA. All the details are on our web site: (URL) Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) I know I'm chiming in a bit late in this discussion, but I've recently perfected creating solderless 4 and 8 stud long straights and curves. The secrets are removing the rails before cutting the plastic and conductive aluminum tape placed (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message news:HI18Iz.1qGs@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) AFOLs (...) Everytime I see a reference to these pages I have to go back and look at Ben's April Fools catalog: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Jeroen, as the others told already: you need it to fix geometry problems with odd angles. And with the straight-curve-strai.....-system, you can make up lots of new curve radius', with half straights. I would(*) even suggest quarter (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC + LokSound = true

Hi Thomas, Glad to hear LDCC is working for you - with a new brand of decoder and sound, no less! :-) With version 1.05 of LDCC (the current beta), you can use the RCX remote control to activate functions F1 through F4 in addition to the headlight (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  LDCC + LokSound = true

Hi everybody! Many thanks to Mark Riley for giving us LDCC!!! This weekend I tested LDCC with an ESU LokSound2 decoder, and it is fabulous. Now I have a steamer which puffs and cuffs around, and it runs very smooth. My wish for a new LDCC version is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MANFRED, read this please!!!! (10001/(4558) & 10002(4547) Club car)

(...) Hi Manfred, I tried replying to your email at least three times, but everytime your server rejects my email. So here is the reply. Hello Manfred!! Yor pictures are perfect - THANKS A TON!!! :-) Perhaps it's just me, but I always like how the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) You're alright so long as you always build corners that turn right-angles every time. When you start skewing tracks using curves, or laying tracks through cityscapes at various odd angles, you sometimes end up short by a little bit. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:HHxwno.1508@lugnet.com... (...) True, I should get out more... (...) want (...) guess (...) then (...) don't (...) middle (...) All very well, but I don't see the pro's of half a track; bigger radius (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Red wheel turned into train wheels with Homemade sleave put on !

(...) If you contact me I'll send you an email address of a fella, Stefan, in Germany. If you ask nicely he may make you some in his next batch. You may have to wait but he's very friendly and made some perfect rims for me. You cannot pay by paypal (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Large Red wheel turned into train wheels with Homemade sleave put on !

I've been looking at alot of the train pictures at the FGLTC site.On your custom made steam trains . For the drive wheels ,you have metal sleave put onto the Large red spoked wheel.I like this idea,for the drive wheels on your steam trains.They look (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) Oooohhh... Pretty!! (Or "handsome", if you prefer! *grin*) I especially like this picture, it feels like you're inside a real-life shed: (URL) GMLTC (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) lol Jeroen, you've been building virtually for too long;-) In the real world, and especially when creating a large train layout, you want the track to go where you want it to go, not where it wants to go. I guess that there would never be a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

Cool MOC. The light streaming through the windows also adds a nice air to it. The color is nice too. But will it fit 8-wides? :^p Just kidding. Cool redesign. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) It allows for different track configurations. For example, you can extend a track by only half to set it differently relative to a baseplate. Or, you could make a siding fit into a space a bit better, etc. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Trainshed version 2.0

As much as I was impress with the Trainshed - 10027 I felt it had some short comings. First was that no matter how you set it up, open or closed, it was only half a building. Second was that it was too short. Even opened up it was too short for two (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

"Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:EE00913A-B42F-1...woz.org... (...) Why would one want a half straight track? Jeroen (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

James, I just checked the box of my 4512 set and the picture is the same showing 2 half track straight tracks, but my set included 17 curve track, three straight track and a switch. I hope half straight track are coming. Bruce (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

(...) Klaas, Thank you for your aptitude in both German and English, and your willingness to visit Lugnet, as well as 1000Steine. Thank you very much for the summary on this subject. best regards, James Mathis (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC party

(...) How it's looking for me tomorrow (saturday) I go for coffee in the morning with the buddies. Discuss hair, nails and such... Then I need a haircut so to my sister-in-law's house for that. Then I have work stuff to deal with--I'll unload the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

Hi James, I do read German (and participate daily at 1000Steine) and this is what the thread was about: these prototypes are indeed pictured, but NOT enclosed. Nevertheless, it's a sign that our half-track wishes have the attention of the Firm! (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

Whoa, that is interesting... I just got the Summer 2003 catalog, unfortunately it doesn't show much track, just one full straight and the switch and curves in the set. That's definitely a half-track though, you can see the locks on it. Since those (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact