 Trains / 20656
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:52:03 GMT

hi!

Here is a layout that puzzled me as a child. It took me some time to accept that
they seemed to have cheated.

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/diverses/p69s01.jpg

Try and rebuild this in Track Designer. It won't work.
Have a look at the level crossing at the right and the track to the top of the
top right point to see how they build it, using parts they wouldn't sell in the
shops. I was rather annoyed, but I thought maybe they only sold this in Billund.
Alas the blue era was over when I first managed to visit that fabled town. I've
always wanted to cut some pieces ever since but never managed to mutilate any of
my Lego parts on purpose.
At the moment I'd rather like to have a piece to join my 4.5volt blue and 9volt
grey nicely . . . but I just can't put a saw to the tracks.

(btw the rest of the little idea book is here:
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/diverses/scnframe.htm
oops they got some server problems - might take some time to load)

thomas