 Trains / 20696
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:18:24 GMT

hi!

sorry i've been staring at this layout for decades and have rebuild it or
sections in real live and on pc many times. i must admit that by now probably
every detail of this track has built itself a nice and cosy home in my head. i
should have explained more . . . but when i see this picture my eyes always
first wander to the level crossing on the right side . . . by now it simply
jumps at me. and besides to much explaination would have ruined the puzzle ;)

this little piece of paper has been around quite a section of the world over the
years as we have moved around a lot, so by now it is a little torn. vital
regions might be therefor somewhat obscure.

the first fishy region has been well explained by tim, but there must be more
and the section in the top right corner that caught bens interest has always
been the most suspicious to me. (after the obvious special track pieces by the
level crossing)

my first approach with the track designer was this:

www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/p69/p69_1.gif

i think this was my solution as a kid and this or something very similar worked
quite well (except that i never had enough track pieces to rebuild the bridge at
the same time).

but i'm pretty sure what lego really build was something more like this:

www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/p69/p69_1b.gif

note the size of the space between the two outer track sections on the right.
the level crossing has more room for a road now. also note the difference how
the track crosses under the bridge. i'm really not 100% sure but this was the
closest i ever got and if you look at the track on the outer ring near the point
and the tower on the top right . . . oh well maybe my eyes are just beginning to
swim.

any way i have been pretty sure since i was a kid - lego had short 8stud track
pieces in billund - but they wouldn't sell them to me. of course this didn't
suprise me that much because at that time we lived on borneo in south east asia
and providing us kids with lego was no minor problem for our parents.

(btw my favorite layout in the booklet has always been this one:
www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/p69/P69XNEW.gif )

bye/tschues
thomas