 Trains / 20630
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:12:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

   I would(*) even suggest quarter sections, which offer you even much more possibilities for free layouts.

If I could chose: I would prefer the quarter section (and even the half section) by far in comparison to new track radius.

I know I’m chiming in a bit late in this discussion, but I’ve recently perfected creating solderless 4 and 8 stud long straights and curves. The secrets are removing the rails before cutting the plastic and conductive aluminum tape placed under the rails before the rails are cut to length and reattached.

The solderless crossovers I’ve been selling on eBay do not use this aluminum tape since the rails can be fit back onto the tracks after the switches are joined together.

Hopefully I’ll have some pics of these new track sections soon. They might be delayed since I’m in the middle of moving into the house I bought, my first one in fact. My flextrack testing is also on hold till after the move.

Jeff Christner