 Trains / 20628
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan wrote:

“Bruce S. Chamberlain” sten@woz.org wrote in message news:EE00913A-B42F-11D7-993B-000393CD703A@woz.org...
   James, I just checked the box of my 4512 set and the picture is the same showing 2 half track straight tracks, but my set included 17 curve track, three straight track and a switch. I hope half straight track are coming. Bruce

Why would one want a half straight track?

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

as the others told already: you need it to fix geometry problems with odd angles.

And with the straight-curve-straight-curve-straight....-system, you can make up lots of new curve radius’, with half straights.

I would(*) even suggest quarter sections, which offer you even much more possibilities for free layouts.

If I could chose: I would prefer the quarter section (and even the half section) by far in comparison to new track radius.

my Homepage:

(*) in fact I have suggested these years ago and at that time some other AFOLs doubted the sense of these pieces as well.... http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=5232 (have a look at question number 5!)