 Trains / 20627
Re: LDCC + LokSound = true
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:26:16 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Glad to hear LDCC is working for you - with a new
brand of decoder and sound, no less!  :-)

With version 1.05 of LDCC (the current beta), you can
use the RCX remote control to activate functions F1
through F4 in addition to the headlight (F0).

Normally, to control the headlight on Loco #3, you'd
just press the "3" button on the remote.  To control F4
on Loco #3, you would hold down the "3" button and
press the "P4" button.  To control F2 on  Loco #1,  you'd
hold down the "1" button and press "P2".  And, so on...

You can also control functions F0-F4 with the LDCC IR
Protocol using the ldcc_function you mentioned.  Examples:

  ldcc_function(3, 0, 1);  // turn on Loco #3's headlight
  ldcc_function(3, 4, 1);  // turn on Loco #3's F4 function
  ldcc_function(1, 2, 0);  // turn off Loco #1's F2 function

Support for F5-F12 will be added in the future (hopefully
with the next release).

Mark

"Thomas Waadeland" wrote:
Hi everybody!

Many thanks to Mark Riley for giving us LDCC!!!
This weekend I tested LDCC with an ESU LokSound2
decoder, and it is fabulous. Now I have a steamer
which puffs and cuffs around, and it runs very smooth.
My wish for a new LDCC version is implementation of
more function keys, so that I can blow the whistle and
ring the bell as well. :-)

I have just downloaded the LDCC beta version.
Are more functions available if I use another
RCX and the nqc ldcc_function call as showed
in the demo?

Thomas