 Trains / 20674
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:47:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Thomas Wölk wrote:
   hi!

1: is the starting sleeper for this example
2: is the next sleeper along where you would expect it to be
3: is the halfway point along the next set of rails
4: is the next sleeper along.

it can be seen that the next sleeper after 2 should be halfway between 3 and 4 but is in fact at 4 meaning the rails are either one and half times as long a standard rail or there is a full section and a half section, my feeling is a half section with the break at 3.

Tim

Hi Tim,

yes, you (and Thomas) are obviously right! I agree on your conclusions: there is an extra section of ca. 8studs length added into the track in the area of the level crossing (which itself has an span of 16studs). If 16 studs are in top of the crossing and 8 are under it, there is something wrong....

Congrats to your sharp eye! I always searched the area in the “north” for a mistake where the switch tower is hiding a part of track and the building in front of the track confuses the eyes as well...

Leg Godt!

Ben