 Trains / 20625
20624  |  20626
Subject:
MANFRED, read this please!!!! (10001/(4558) & 10002(4547) Club car)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:58:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Stéphane Simard wrote:

No, I was only wondering for less fortunate parents who might want to buy one
for their kid but can't afford all that expensive equipment and want a train
they can use right out of a box.

Ah. This golden tip is too late for you, but you could pass it on to others:
Some train sets contain the regulator + adaptor pack + train lead, therefore
people collecting LEGO trains generally have more of these than they can use for
themselves. Due to this, they are for sale at http://www.bricklink.com/ for as
low as $12 excusive shipping. You can also find them at club meetings.

A thousand thanks!!!
While you're at it, please do a photo of the back of the box of the main
Metroliner set also!  (and old town bulldozer 6658 if you have it)

I can do the Metroliner, but i don't own a #6658

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Hi Manfred,

I tried replying to your email at least three times, but everytime your server
rejects my email.

So here is the reply.

Hello Manfred!!

Yor pictures are perfect - THANKS A TON!!!  :-)

Perhaps it's just me, but I always like how the Lego designers make the
classic smiley minifigs appear even more cute in the back of the box :)

And yes, the 10001 re-release comes with instructions for the alternate
model.

For both boxes, the back simply shows a bunch of clouds and that's it.
(Lame, I know). Thankfully the main street re-release has a MUCH better box,
they rebuilt all those old alternate model ideas and remade the back photos!

Thanks again, this was very appreciated!

If I can repay you, you should know that I am perhaps the only person who
took screenshots of the alternate model instructions of set 8457 - power
puller!
Lego pulled the plug of the website of that model. So now, anybody who wants
to build the alternate model has to ask me to send the instructions over ICQ
or MSN.  So don't hesitate to ask me if anyone you know bought that model
and wants to build the dragster. I included the title page.

Regards,

Stephane S.