 Trains / 20572
Re: Just got my first electric train! 10001/(4558) & 10002(4547) Club car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stéphane Simard wrote:
1) Why are the boxes black and white? (Ugly if you ask me!)

Cost reduction. These sets were orinilally Shop at Home exclusives, and their
first attempt on the "LEGO Ledgends" line to re-release admired historic sets.
Back then they could not know for sure how successfull these would be!

2) Why doesn't the club car have an alternate model photo shoot, like most >town sets do?

I guess you have to blaim the black and white box. Also, see answer 5

3) I read that some 10001 sets have wrong windows. What is the part I should
look for in the bags, to know if I do have it or not, so that I may contact
Lego immediately if I don't have it? Will they replace it?

Glad you found this out by yourself. In those same first batches, there was also
a wrong coloured female hairpiece.

4) I did buy a regulator + adaptor pack, but can the train run using only
batteries and no regulator?

You've recieved an answer, but I wonder why you would want to do this. Do you
wish to run it in a place that has no plug-socked, or do you have other concerns
like , safity or durability?

5) If the original 4547 club car had alternate model photos, is anyone kind
enough to scan them for me?

I have te original box and I'll try to take a digital picture this weekend.

7) Anything else a train newbie should know?

This great site: http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/
Especially sections "Track Designer", "Projects" and "Hints & Tips"

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.