 Trains / 20575
Re: Just got my first electric train! 10001/(4558) & 10002(4547) Club car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 04:04:43 GMT

First of all thanks for your in depth answer. :)

Glad you found this out by yourself. In those same first batches, there was also
a wrong coloured female hairpiece.

I also noticed they changed a pigtails to a ponytail.

4) I did buy a regulator + adaptor pack, but can the train run using only
batteries and no regulator?

You've recieved an answer, but I wonder why you would want to do this. Do you
wish to run it in a place that has no plug-socked, or do you have other concerns
like , safity or durability?

No, I was only wondering for less fortunate parents who might want to buy one
for their kid but can't afford all that expensive equipment and want a train
they can use right out of a box.

5) If the original 4547 club car had alternate model photos, is anyone kind
enough to scan them for me?

I have te original box and I'll try to take a digital picture this weekend.

A thousand thanks!!!
While you're at it, please do a photo of the back of the box of the main
Metroliner set also!  (and old town bulldozer 6658 if you have it)

7) Anything else a train newbie should know?

This great site: http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/
Especially sections "Track Designer", "Projects" and "Hints & Tips"

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

I'll check it out :)