 Trains / Train Organizations / 2425
Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

For example here is a design that is size equivalent but a lot cheaper to
build...

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=2024

I believe there are explicit instructions for one easily-made version
here:
http://www.ngltc.org/gallery/thumb.asp?Folder=61-ngltc_container

Thanks for sharing that!

I personally am not so keen on the use of the 4x4 plate on top, I think it best
to mimic the stud/no stud configuration of the original 4x8 partly studded
plate, as we did, although it increases consumption of 1xN tiles.

However this is NOT a showstopping flaw by any means, as the studs don't touch
the container feet of a container stacked above, and in certain colors 4x4
plates are an absolute glut on the market, or were.

The key point here is, with what you learn in these two designs and a little
play on your own, you should have no trouble whatever coming up with a cheap
design, in a color scheme you prefer, that maximises the pieces you have on
hand.

Keep what LEGO has in bulk in mind too... 2x8 plates in red/white/black make
excellent foundations and the NGLTC container uses ONLY 2x2 tiles, which are
also available in bulk in red/white/black...

Hope that helps!