 Events / BrickFest / 1601
Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:36:43 GMT

I better put an oar in.

I asked Rob to coordinate this rather than trying to do it myself because I've
got a pretty full plate and because he's from a club that wasn't in on the first
one... I appreciate him stepping up to this task!

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rob Hendrix wrote:
To better explain the thought process behind this particular container swap,
I have decided to reply to my own post with some more details.

This swap was planned to be an entirely new swap.  My thoughts were to hold
an annual swap an treat the containers like a Hallmark(R) ornaments.  A
new/different ornament comes out every year.  Instead of changing the actual
container and LTC logo every year, I decided we could put event stickers on
fresh batches of containers (i.e. Brickfest 2003 logo).

Some of you may not be able to make up to 25-30 new containers, so I have
been asked to make some options available to you.  I'd rather lay everything
out in front and let you guys vote on it.

The options:

1. Your club will make and give all new containers to participating clubs
and expect to receive a container from each participating club.
2. Your club will make and give all new containers to participating clubs
and will receive containers from clubs who have brought one for your club
(which you do not already have).
3. Your club will give containers only to clubs who do not have one of your
club's containers and will receive containers from clubs who have brought
one for your club (that you do not have).
4. Your club will not be participating.

I asked Rob to make these options available after I heard about his first post,
but my thinking was that any given club would choose which of these they wanted
to do... either not participate at all, or only exchange with clubs they didn't
exchange with before, or exchange with all clubs that wanted to exchange with
all possible/willing clubs.

(the key point is that your club should GIVE as many as it GETS... none, some
(just newbies) or as many as want to play)

This makes the tracking a lot harder but Rob has Robin's spread as a starting
point, I think he can handle it!

I'm assuming that when he says "vote" he means "send him what your club's choice
is for this" rather than posting here. Once he has collated that presumably
he'll present the master list of who is trading with who as a variant on the
spread Robin collated (which shows who has traded with who so far)

Hopefully that's helpful... I'm not trying to second guess Rob here.

Trimmed FUT to just lugnet.trains.org