 Trains / Train Organizations / 2423
Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:03:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Brian Darrow wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rob Hendrix wrote:
There have been a few changes discussed and agreed upon by many valued
people in the community, so I am pleased to (re)announce the container swap
at BF 2003!

Please continue to send me your emails and tell me if you will be
participating or not.

I'd like to get in on the container swap,  representing the IndyLUG club.
Just let me know how many containers we'll need to build and bring.  I see
that the footprint is 4x8 but how many bricks tall are the contaniers?

Go with the standard container height, that's what everyone else did.

see, for example, set 4549:
http://library.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1464

specifically this page:
http://library.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=15912

Your containers do NOT have to use the expensive parts, such as the 4x8 partly
studded plate, thinwalls and container doors, that these do. They just need to
be dimensionally equivalent.

For example here is a design that is size equivalent but a lot cheaper to
build...

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=2024

Hope that helps.