 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8003
Re: DCC party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:26:50 GMT

I'm hoping Calum, with all of his claimed electronics experience (Although his
last attempt at DCC resulted in a melted 3033 tub :-)  ), has a good soldering
iron.  All I have is a cheap one from radio shack.

I've never claimed ANY electronics experience.  In fact, I regularily tell
people like Mario I have ZERO experience in ANYTHING.  Statements heard from me
include:

-Which direction to you put the resistors in?
-Boy, this SQL stuff is so confusing!
-etc.

Calum

How it's looking for me tomorrow (saturday)

I go for coffee in the morning with the buddies.  Discuss hair, nails and
such...

Then I need a haircut so to my sister-in-law's house for that.

Then I have work stuff to deal with--I'll unload the truck of old EN 6300's and
Deskpro 2000's (166 MMX's even!)

Then it's off to the Big Smoke, with RCX and related items in tow.

I've made 2 teethered 1 button throttles (as described on Mark's page)  Used the
rotation sensor (since I have a few of those) and i'll bring 'em with.  I'll
also bring laptop with 2.0 IR tower with LDCC and LACC firmware.

What else...

Oh, should be around 4 or 5, maybe later depending on how early afternoon goes.

If someone could bring 2 XL grey baseplates for me to borrow to finish my
layout, it would be appreciated.

So Calums house then?

Dave K