 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8050
Re: DCC party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:14:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mark Riley wrote:

Which color wires did you end up soldering to the headlight
connector?

If I can recall correctly, it was white and blue (function common)

Also, IIRC the default CV values for the headlight don't work
very well.  Here's some settings I used to setup the decoder
for controlling the headlight on the white lead:

CV61 = 0x01
CV33 = 0x01
CV34 = 0x01
CV49 = 0x22  // Mars Light
CV50 = 0x00

In case you haven't found it yet, here's a document that covers
all the nitty gritty details of the DZ143:

http://www.digitrax.com/ftp/Decoder%20Manual.pdf

I think it came with the decoder.  We'll have to try this out at NMRA once we're
all setup-I don't have ACK circuit setup to try yet...I know DaveK does.

Calum

The Ack circuit is great--I used resistors, but the 2 lights also do the trick,
and I know you have lotsa train lamps to make your own.

Dave K