 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7998
Re: DCC party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mark Riley wrote:
Since you're having a nail... er, umm... *DCC* party, I thought
I'd pass along a few useful tips:

Thank you for the advice, it's definitly appreciated.  I'm off to George's
Trains to night to pic up the decoders, and other supplies.  I'll definitly be
getting one of those curved exacto blades.

I'm hoping Calum, with all of his claimed electronics experience (Although his
last attempt at DCC resulted in a melted 3033 tub :-)  ), has a good soldering
iron.  All I have is a cheap one from radio shack.

I agree that these will probibly become permanent DCC engines so I'll probably
take the same root as you and clip the tabs from the headlight connector.  I'm
converting 2 motors to DCC and I think I've got at least 2 more, so that should
cover me for either enviroment.

Thanks, again for the advice,

Derek