 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8036
Re: DCC party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:15:27 GMT

"Calum Tsang" wrote:
We modified three motors with DZ143 decoders.  They're working fine.  The
pickups are bent in easily, causing sputterring.  If you bend them out it • makes
it easier.  We're also not sure if we got the light function running
properly.

Which color wires did you end up soldering to the headlight
connector?

Also, IIRC the default CV values for the headlight don't work
very well.  Here's some settings I used to setup the decoder
for controlling the headlight on the white lead:

CV61 = 0x01
CV33 = 0x01
CV34 = 0x01
CV49 = 0x22  // Mars Light
CV50 = 0x00

In case you haven't found it yet, here's a document that covers
all the nitty gritty details of the DZ143:

http://www.digitrax.com/ftp/Decoder%20Manual.pdf

There's a virtual quagmire of CV programming details in
this document (or a hacker's paradise, depending on your
point of view!  :-)

BTW, use "direct mode" when programming the DZ143.
The current version of LDCC's "paged mode" programming
doesn't work correctly with the DZ143, although it's fine with
the DN121... strange).

HTH,

Mark