 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8037
Re: NMRA2003 Friday install
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:26:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
The important bits are Friday after 5 p.m. and that anything smaller than a
cube van can drive right in.

My pickup will be full of 8-9 modules and legs and stuff.  I plan on being
there right around 5 p.m. (si I beat rush hour traffic coming from Hamilton.)

Hey Dave,

I have four legs and 1 module that go beside(south of) the Dam. I also found 3
extra modules as well, should I bring these?

I filled the module north of me, is that the same module?

http://sparky.i989.net/images/ltrain/P009637.jpg

Throwing everything off my pickup will be easy and then set up the tables and
such.

What I see us needing and working out who's going to bring what--

A power bar or 2--who knows what we'll have there. I can bring one (maybe two)

I have an RCX, I think we may need more. I will have 2 1.0's there, one may be used in the crane :)

Mindstorms wire--I have lots--I think at least 8 of the 4 foot ones, but whoever
wants to bring more...

I'll bring what I have.. which may not be that much...

THink we got htat covered--the RCX power may be a different issue--the wall
warts have to make it to the outlets from wherever the RCX;s are in the layout.

I'll have my cordless so if holes need to be drilled thru modules.. ;)

We also should talk about a schedule and such.  I will be commuting from
Hamilton daily (a pain to be sure) but who's going to be supervising the
layout at what time?

Saturday and Sunday for me...

But we are talking like from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.  that's many hours standing
around--we all shouldnt' leave at the same tome for dinner and such.  But I also
think we don't need a regimented schedule...

We'll have 7 passes, and if, say, I have to go at 3, I hand off my pass to
someone else (he gets to be Dave K for a few hours)  Dunno if we wanna do that.

Beyond that, (and the ropes that Calum and Derek were working on), I don't know
what else there is to cover.

Dave K